>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - Sunshine - Jonathon Edwards

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
buddy

Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:01 pm

Hi everyone!

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live, Sunshine by Jonathon Edwards.

In 1971, Jonathon Edwards released Sunshine on his self-titled debut album. The song featured some quick,
percussive strumming with very catchy lyrics and rhythms.

This lesson includes a little ear training puzzle, then breaks down the progression and strumming technique.
It also includes left hand muting to create the percussive effect.

There is a slowed down metronome section as well as a short look at the little tag that ends the song.

Enjoy this level 5 lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... .html#song

auntlynnie

Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:15 pm

One of my favorite songs!

Thank you, Neil!!!!!

Lynn

wrsomers

Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:34 pm

Neil,
Thanks for the great lesson. Jonathan Edwards has been one of my favorites since his 1971 debut. Believe it or not, I used to be able to sing some of his songs, in his key. Those days are gone. He was pretty big on the east coast. I saw him in 1973 with Stuart Shulman, his bass/violin player. It was amazing how much sound those two could put out. Edward's harmonica playing is awesome. I also saw him about two years ago, he still has that fabulous voice. You may have inspired me to dust off some of his old stuff for busking.

Thanks again.

Bill

trix606

Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:02 am

Thanks for this lesson Neil!
I'm a big fan of JE and Bill he still does a lot of shows here on the east coast. My wife got me front row tickets for my 50th a couple of years ago and we ended up staying at an inn nearby by with one of Jonathan's close friends who helps him out at concerts. We've become friends and even got to see Jonathan performing at her house last year. He's a great guy and always has time to talk. Great guitar and harmonica player and has a great singing voice to this day.

His first album is one of my favorites and has my favorite song by him, "Sometimes". I'd love to see a lesson for that.

He's definitely worth the deeper dive for those who wonder about his one hit. :)

Harry

wrsomers

Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:53 am

trix606 wrote:
Thanks for this lesson Neil!
I'm a big fan of JE and Bill he still does a lot of shows here on the east coast. My wife got me front row tickets for my 50th a couple of years ago and we ended up staying at an inn nearby by with one of Jonathan's close friends who helps him out at concerts. We've become friends and even got to see Jonathan performing at her house last year. He's a great guy and always has time to talk. Great guitar and harmonica player and has a great singing voice to this day.

His first album is one of my favorites and has my favorite song by him, "Sometimes". I'd love to see a lesson for that.

He's definitely worth the deeper dive for those who wonder about his one hit. :)

Harry
Harry,
The mystical happenings at TG continue. After hearing Neil's lesson on "Sunshine" I decided to dust off some JE stuff I used to do. Stay tuned for "Sometimes" on the busking channel. I'll also give you a mini liesson on it. 3 chords that are going to surprise you. That's really cool that you got to meet him.
Bill

trix606

Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:08 pm

Thanks Bill, I am looking forward to hearing you playing it!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic