>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - Toulouse Street - The Doobie Brothers

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
buddy

Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:38 pm

Hi everyone!

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live, Toulouse Street by The Doobie Brothers.

Toulouse Street, the title song from The Doobie Brothers second album, released in 1972, is a haunting little acoustic guitar fingerpicking piece written by Patrick Simmons.

It was done as a guitar duet with each in slightly altered tunings. This lesson looks at the opening guitar part, which was done with a capo at the third fret.

It is really just straightforward alternate bass picking with the fingers emphasizing melody notes between the beats.

It is quite fast and includes a rapid run of pull-offs as well as an unusual arch-barre, where the index finger plays two notes on adjacent frets.

Enjoy this level 6 lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... .html#song

sbutler

Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:18 am

This is really a cool old song Neil. Thanks.

I've been wondering though, you've mentioned your guitar teacher, Al in many of the lessons that you've recorded. Is he still around?

It sounds like Patrick Simmons, Jim Page, and yourself were pretty lucky to have his influence.

Scott

thereshopeyet

Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:26 pm

Neil

Another great lesson.
Thanks

Dermot

:)

neverfoundthetime

Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:13 pm

What an enchanting song! It has a Moody Blues "Are you sitting comfortably" feel to it, a true early 70's sound.
I'm very much interested in this melodious style of picking... maybe I'll actually get to grips with it.... would be nice as it was lovely to sing-a- long to it and I can just imagine its up my street!
Thanks Neil.

jcrocket

Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:02 pm

Great lesson Neil!

How about maybe just a hint on the second guitar part - like the tuning and capo placement?

Thanks
Jeff

TGNeil

Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:05 am

jcrocket wrote:
Great lesson Neil!

How about maybe just a hint on the second guitar part - like the tuning and capo placement?

Thanks
Jeff

...dropped D, no capo, but you didn't hear it from me.

Anon

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic