>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - Through The Barricades - Spandau Ballet

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tovo

Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:49 pm

Hi everyone!

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live, Through The Barricades by Spandau Ballet

Spandau Ballet are an English new wave band formed in London in the late 1970s.

Through The Barricades is the title track of their 1986 album with the same name. It’s an acoustic ballad in the key of G, written by Gary Kemp.

This lesson covers the fast arpeggio style fingerpicking and the many chords and chord shapes.

We take a close look at all the parts, including the many details, which make the accompaniment of the song so beautiful.

Enjoy this level 6 song!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... .html#song

dtaylor

Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:12 pm

I'm so looking forward to learning this one Ness; as you said, it's just beautiful in melody and lyric, a classic of the time. I'm sure you leave no stone unturned in making sure every detail is in there.

BTW I liked both your playthroughs, I can understand why you'd strive for perfection, it's here in perpetuity so make it the best you can; to me, the first take sounded perfectly imperfect, as the Persian rug-makers would have it, a little more vulnerable and sensitive if I dare make a judgement. Anyway, thank you for another fantastic lesson.

wrsomers

Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:32 pm

Ness...OMG...that was ABSOLUTELY beautiful. It moved me so much. It makes me proud to say that I know you (at least collaboratively). I'm going to work hard to learn this one. I am speechless at the moment. Don't be surprised if I post again. Just fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bill

crieniecat

Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:48 pm

Ness... we've been looking forward to this lesson ever since we had the premiere of it in Frick - Switzerland.
If only I was able to watch the play through... :huh: I'm not able to watch it...! :S :dry:

Cryin' out loud here because I know it is gorgeus!!
:ohmy:
Corina.

michelew

Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:19 pm

TGNessa, WOW! You know I've been looking forward to this one... It's such a beautiful song...

But... WOW!!! You NEVER cease to amaze me with the gorgeous passion that you pour into your performances. Both versions were incredibly beautiful and captivating. You well and truely moved me with both, I have a huge lump in my throat now... The surge of emotion i experienced in the first one as you landed the first powerful strum made my heart skip a beat and then you landed it with sad, sweet quietness again. In the second version, the quieter intensity had an even more emotion feel; as Dean says, more vulnerable. I did notice a few little differences in the playing, but I was mostly so entranced that I just saw a fantastically moving and sensitive performance. Again, the strumming broke through any remaining shield from the emotional onslaught and left me feeling .... Well I think you get the picture.

Such a gorgeous song. I'm not sure ill EVER be able to do it justice, or replicate what you've done here in any true way, but... I'll be learning it FOR SURE.

Thank you.... My hero.

Love

Shel

willem

Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:21 am

They must pay you double for this lesson.

B)

Willem

neverfoundthetime

Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:12 pm

Wow Vanessa, that turn out to be all it was promising to be as I listened to you working on it a couple of weeks ago. Love how it has turned out and the lesson is a real gem. Many thanks!

Now I know why you said no when I asked if you would play it at the party, there was so much more you wanted to bring to the song, now you have, it was worth the wait!

crieniecat

Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:18 pm

...... where to start?
Yessss, finally was able to watch the lesson....what a treat it is! It must be the lesson with the most parts you've ever worked out for TG, am I right?!
It definitely deserves a spotlight on its own ;)

And like you said, it is so important to put the right intention into the notes you play or sing...
The difference between take 1 and 2 are, to me, very obvious.
Take 1 is already fantastic, but take 2 is phenomenal and of outstanding quality.
The energy of the feel you wrap around every note, is just so gentle at first and then so outgoing in the follow up...
it tells a story of it's own...

Ness, a big bow for an outstanding performer, You!

neverfoundthetime

Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:35 pm

Looking at this again today.... still very impressed with the play through(s) and very impressed with how clearly you show all of the components. The pace you explain things at is very comfortable and I never get lost or confused or am to slow to follow you, that makes learning so much more comfortable for me. You never go off at a tangent and you never waffle, so everything you say and show is clear and helpful. I really appreciate that.

So, I hope we get to see more of your lessons on a weekly basis again, its a real plus for my TG membership!

Thanks!
Chris :)

TGNesh

Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:51 pm

:blush: :blush: WOW :cheer: .....I'll be back soon!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic