>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - The Rose - Bette Midler

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
crieniecat

Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:37 am

michelew wrote:
[/quote]

Corina, you and Ness did such a heartfelt rendition of this song that I was feeling quite affected at the end. It was nice to have my mood lifted by your sweet kookie ending. :)

We ARE truely blessed indeed to have such dedicated teachers in Vanessa and Neil here at TG. They really go above and beyond to bring us such great lessons. You just have to look at the number of segments that Ness does for example and the length. Gosh this one, for example, has information about how to play the song in two different keys; And Ness has even given us a segment about the different harmony lines because harmonies add so much to the song. That's above and beyond. I know a little about the about of effort she puts into each one. It's an enormous about of work...and I'm sure she does much more than I'm actually aware of. It's good for us that she is a born teacher and driven to give us the info we need to play a version that's true to the soul of each song. Yep we're lucky indeed. We're also lucky that you're prepared to put your heart and soul into these playthrough too. A big thanks.

M[/quote]

Yes Shel I heard from Ness you liked it, and thanks for your help btw! ;)
All mentioned earlier is what makes this site successful as it is. And me a happy camper :P

Love,
Corina.

TGNesh

Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:16 pm

Well you guys sure made my day/week as well! :cheer:

Buddy: Thanks so much Bud, that's really kind!

Bart: BIG hug to you! :kiss:

David: Many thanks David! Great to hear you liked the addition of a vocal segment. I thought i had already finished the lesson and when recording the preview (which i usually do last) I all of a sudden thought it'd be nice to add it, hence the not really sure how it would turn out. :) Lets see what Neil will do! :P :laugh:

Chris: Wow, such major compliments!!! :cheer: Thank you!!! That's the third one which you witnessed me (us) working it out. :) Although you were somewhere else in the house but i guess with all this natural reverb you could hear us loud and clear anyway. :laugh:

Willem: Not sure what you're saying Willem, but I guess you're happy that the song is in Target now, thanks! :) B)

Bill: Thank you very much Bill! And yep, harmonies, harmonies, there is enough that we can do with this one. ;) Great to hear you liked the switch in vocal parts. I thought it was a great way to 'burst' into the 3rd verse. Very glad that it worked out well! Many thanks again Bill!

Michele: Hey my dear friend, you too are the sweetest!!! :kiss: Affecting the audience with music is always a major compliment to me (unless it has to do with cringing and such, haha! :P ) I indeed couldn't resist to insert the moments after finishing the song, it cracks me up every time I see it. :laugh: :laugh: Glad you got a laugh out of that one :) . I also just wanted to share a glimpse of us when recording play throughs and how much fun we have doing it, even when it's a lot of work as Corina points out.

With this song, funny enough, it's not a hard song to play or sing, but there has been a LOT of fine tuning involved there. Playing wise as well as vocal wise. You wouldn't think so when watching it now probably.. I had actually first worked out the song in the key of C (tabs, chart, playing) and without strumming and with some more details. But when trying it out with Corina, and obviously adding another vocal, for some reason both the key as well as the picking just didn't cut it. Then a light bulb went on :silly: , 'oh lets try the key of G, higher up the neck' and that gave it, in our opinion, the sparkle and life that it needed. And then decided to strum after all, the 3rd verse just needs a strong accompaniment.

Also vocally, kinda important to sing in sync as much as possible when you do harmonies, and of course balancing how strong/soft you sing is something we tried out (and recorded) multiple times. Or just deciding which line needs to be stronger or more gentle and so on, even in one line that could change. It took us three different occasions to get it to a point that we were content enough.

I should quit this reply, otherwise I go on and on, haha! :laugh: :P That's why my segments tend to be long, details, details, details :blink:. You think Neil can talk (he can!!), well obviously I do too! :laugh: :laugh: B) How in the world is it possible that we were brought together?! ;) Thank you so much for noticing all the work and passion that goes into those lessons Shel, I sure give my all and more if I can. :)

Corina: Like Shel points out, thank you so much for putting you heart and soul into each play through. It adds so much to the finishing touch of a lesson. Sorry for the mood spoiler, but it was just too funny to leave out! :laugh: :laugh: Thanks again my friend, you did awesome, once again! :kiss:

Thanks all!

TGNess B)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic