>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - The Rose - Bette Midler

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
haoli25

Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:41 pm

Hi everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live, The Rose by Bette Midler.

The Rose is a beautiful song written by Amanda McBroom and made famous by Bette Midler who recorded it for the soundtrack of the 1979 film with the same name.

The song features three verses in the key of C, using the three major chords and two minor chords.

The original recording was done on a piano and this lesson shows how to easily transcribe it to the guitar.

It covers the arrangement primarily in the key of G, where the guitar is capoed on the 5th fret, but also shows how to play in the key of C.

Besides the vocal harmonies, the most important aspect of performing and playing the song is how to build it up and take it down dynamically with one single guitar. For that we take a look at how to make each verse a little stronger than the previous one.

Since the vocal harmonies are so important, there is also a segment which breaks down a few other parts.

Enjoy this level 3 song!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... .html#song

buddy

Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:47 pm

What a treat from you two lovely ladies !!!

Bud

familyman4

Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:45 am

Was so anxious to compliment you ladies that I started a new thread on the forum before this was listed. See other post for my appreciation....

Bart

michelew

Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:53 am

Nessa and Corina,

Your playthrough is absolutely stunning...... Heartfelt and heart-breaking; it's exactly what we've come to expect from the two of you.

I have a lump in my throat. :kiss:

And then you cracked me up .... :) I love the giggling and the beaming smiles at the end. :laugh: :kiss:

Shel

davidrfinn99165

Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:35 am

Wonderful playthrough Ness and Corina... very enjoyable.

and i also really appreciated the vocal harmony segment at the end Ness.... I am looking forward to Neil adding this section to his new lessons soon :) (that should guarantee a series of instrumentals !!)

/ david

neverfoundthetime

Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:57 am

Killer performance on the play-through girls! Perfect and wonderful!

willem

Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:02 pm

Okay with the suns love it could be better ( for me!!) Great we have a beautiful lesson for this song and I bet Neil has a one too.. :laugh: B)

Willem

wrsomers

Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:50 pm

Great job Ness and Corina!
Corina, your voice is sounding so sweet. Ness, great arrangement and lesson. I especially liked the harmony segment at the end. Four part harmony? That gives me some ideas.???
Bill

I just listened to the play through again. I LOVE how you two switched parts at the end with Ness singing melody and Corina the harmony. Brilliant and very, very nice!!!!!!!!!!

crieniecat

Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:53 pm

Bud, Thanks for tuning in and your really nice compliment! I really appreciate that :)

Bart, your enthusiasm is really so cool B) Two angels eh? Wow, thanks my friend!

Michele, you are a very sweet woman, always so nice and positive in your feedback. The ending was quite a mood swing eh? After more than enough takes and time running in on us we were very relieved we had a recording that we thought was good enough to post for you guys... sigh... recording a lesson is really hard work, and I'm already only talking about the part I'm involved in, so think what Ness and Neil have to face every week with the complete lessons! :blink: :unsure:

David, Good to hear you liked the playthrough, jeeeej! So both TZZ liked it a lot!! :woohoo: :kiss: B)

Chris, oufff! Killer performance... :blush: Wow, how great to receive such a huge compliment from our beloved band member!! :kiss:

Willem, You know, I'm always happy to be part of another great lesson with Ness. Glad we took some of your skepticism about this song away B)

Bill, We'll see each other soon at IGC and who knows we might be able to do a nice harmony on this one.
How nice you noticed the harmony switch we indeed did at the end. All to make it a bit more dynamic in the build up towards the ending.... Thank you! :cheer:

Such a fantastic way to end my day, with a huge smile upon my face due to all of your compliments...
What more can I ask for :kiss:
Cheers,
Corina.

michelew

Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:54 pm

crieniecat wrote:

Michele, you are a very sweet woman, always so nice and positive in your feedback. The ending was quite a mood swing eh? After more than enough takes and time running in on us we were very relieved we had a recording that we thought was good enough to post for you guys... sigh... recording a lesson is really hard work, and I'm already only talking about the part I'm involved in, so think what Ness and Neil have to face every week with the complete lessons! :blink: :unsure:

Cheers,
Corina.
Corina, you and Ness did such a heartfelt rendition of this song that I was feeling quite affected at the end. It was nice to have my mood lifted by your sweet kookie ending. :)

We ARE truely blessed indeed to have such dedicated teachers in Vanessa and Neil here at TG. They really go above and beyond to bring us such great lessons. You just have to look at the number of segments that Ness does for example and the length. Gosh this one, for example, has information about how to play the song in two different keys; And Ness has even given us a segment about the different harmony lines because harmonies add so much to the song. That's above and beyond. I know a little about the about of effort she puts into each one. It's an enormous about of work...and I'm sure she does much more than I'm actually aware of. It's good for us that she is a born teacher and driven to give us the info we need to play a version that's true to the soul of each song. Yep we're lucky indeed. We're also lucky that you're prepared to put your heart and soul into these playthrough too. A big thanks.

M

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic