>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - Me And You And A Dog Named Boo - Lobo

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
michelew

Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:06 pm

Hi everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live, Me And You And A Dog Named Boo by Lobo.

Kent Lavoie, known professionally as Lobo, had a handful of hits in the US in the early 1970s, although he continued with a successful career around the world for much longer.

His songs are reminiscent of David Gates, among others, featuring nice chord progressions and melodies that highlight his voice.

Like most of his songs, Me And You And A Dog Named Boo is played in a standard key but capoed up a bit.

This lesson is done as an ear-training exercise where the student should start by listening to and analyzing the original recording.

I also strum through it in a segment designed for listening and hope the student can figure out what is going on.

By the end, I give you the chords and talk a bit about the arrangement but hopefully you are able to get that far on your own.

Enjoy this level 4 song!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... .html#song

davidrfinn99165

Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:37 am

Thx Neil - i think this song is one of my gulity pleasures. I've always thought of Lobo as a one-hit wonder here , but i see that one of the other songs you mentioned also charted in the UK. He's not a real wolf though, right?/?

willem

Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:59 am

I think Fred knows this song very well

Willem

Music Junkie

Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:53 am

Neil:

I am glad to see you put this lesson up. I love the ear training lessons. They have been helping me quite a bit as of late. They have really helped me work out some songs that I have wanted to learn for quite a while.

Also, I am glad to see some Lobo. The songs you mention are some real gems that bring back great memories. I worked out a version of "Don't Expect Me to Be Your Friend" a few years back. If you do a lesson on that one, I will be very interested to see how I did. :)

J

TGNeil

Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:09 am

Music Junkie wrote:
Neil:

I am glad to see you put this lesson up. I love the ear training lessons. They have been helping me quite a bit as of late. They have really helped me work out some songs that I have wanted to learn for quite a while.

Also, I am glad to see some Lobo. The songs you mention are some real gems that bring back great memories. I worked out a version of "Don't Expect Me to Be Your Friend" a few years back. If you do a lesson on that one, I will be very interested to see how I did. :)

J
Hey Jason,

Thanks for the feedback and glad to hear your ears are improving. I almost did this lesson as a 3-fer, meaning I was thinking of suggesting everybody try to figure out "I'd Love You To Want Me", and "Don't Expect Me To Be Your Friend" as well.

So I am suggesting that now and will get to those soon.

Neil

And Willem, I figured it was long enough since Fred's lesson on Boo that most people would have forgotten. I should have known you remember everything we do here!

sbutler

Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:38 pm

Well I just got back home from Tennessee, and yes I did learn something.
Bring on the next one.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic