Newest Target Members Only Lesson - Fly On The Wall - The Intro to Desperado with Sandy

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
michelew

Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:27 pm

Hi everyone,

We have a new Target members exclusive lesson for today, The Intro to Desperado with Sandy.

This is our third lesson on Desperado and Sandy had been working on the intro, which originally was done on the piano but translates pretty well to the guitar.

Neil and Sandy worked on a barre chord problem of getting the middle strings clear, as well as connecting a few separated phrases.

At the end, they diverted into defining the main components of a song, the verse, chorus and bridge.

Enjoy this new lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... .html#song

willem

Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:40 pm

B)

sandysue

Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:18 pm

I love this song. The intro is really pretty but getting from one semi-weird chord to another can be hard. It takes time to train your fingers to make those moves. :)

davidrfinn99165

Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:16 am

Many thx Sandy and Neil - that was a really enjoyable fly on the wall lesson..

Hey Sandy - I thought you had the slide melody note up to B in the first phrase sounding real sweet right from the very start. Looking forward to your extended set at camp this year... remember to leave some songs for the rest of us though :)

sandysue

Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:17 am

davidrfinn99165 wrote:
Many thx Sandy and Neil - that was a really enjoyable fly on the wall lesson..

Hey Sandy - I thought you had the slide melody note up to B in the first phrase sounding real sweet right from the very start. Looking forward to your extended set at camp this year... remember to leave some songs for the rest of us though :)

Thank you David. I really love that song, but Desperado does have some different chord fingerings, that I'm not use to, so I've had to spend a lot of time working on trying to get from one chord shape to the next in a timely manner. i am just trying to prepare 3 songs for camp including Desperado, Fire and Rain, and You've Got a Friend. They are all still pretty rough around the edges to say the least, so just add lots of fear and some shaky fingers to all of that, and open mic should be really fun. lol :S

Can't wait to see you again at IGC. You and Andy always make me laugh with your really fun British humor. It's also going to be great to have Michele there too. I'm sure you two are going to play some of your awesome new songs for us, as well as other songs too. I'm looking forward to another great time. :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic