>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - The Heart Of The Matter - Don Henley

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
wrsomers

Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:39 am

Bill: I'd LOVE to hear your rendition!! :) HFO is definitely in my top five of all time favorite albums as well, have watched it a zillion times!

TGNess B)
Hi Ness,
I did my version of this song but unfortunately I can't upload it to YouTube because it is copyrighted. I have put it in your folder on my Dropbox. I hope you enjoy it. Thank you for the great lesson and for inspiring me to play a song I didn't think I could handle. Thank you also for encouraging me to sing songs in my range. You are a great musician, teacher and friend...OOO

Bill

thereshopeyet

Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:13 pm

Good stuff! Another one for my "Must-Learn List."

wrsomers wrote:
PS. "Hell Freezes Over" is one of my all-time favorite albums.
Ditto. I love the way they do that "Day Tripper" riff on the outro of "In the City." B)

TGNesh

Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:28 am

So the list is getting longer?! Happy to add to it Doug! ;)

declark0453921691 wrote:
Good stuff! Another one for my "Must-Learn List."

wrsomers wrote:
PS. "Hell Freezes Over" is one of my all-time favorite albums.
Ditto. I love the way they do that "Day Tripper" riff on the outro of "In the City." B)

wrsomers

Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:31 am

Ness,
I was wondering...seeing that you're on a Don Henley kick, how about doing a lesson on "End Of The Innocence"?

Bill

TGNesh

Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:49 pm

Well, I have to admit that i only know two Don Henley songs! :ohmy: :laugh: But I listened to it and it's a beautiful song for sure. Actually I would love to, but my list is so long :blink: .....and with only two lessons a month, it's really hard to get to any of it. :S

All in all....chances are, it'll likely be a while before I'll be able to get to it. We can get into it at camp though (only over four months away :cheer: ). We could do a FOTW! :) B)

wrsomers wrote:
Ness,
I was wondering...seeing that you're on a Don Henley kick, how about doing a lesson on "End Of The Innocence"?

Bill

wrsomers

Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:17 pm

Sounds great Ness. I'll start working on it in anticipation of IGC. I've learned a tiny part of it. The intro is the challenge. As you know, it's hard to convert piano to guitar; especially Bruce Hornsby.

Bill

TGNesh

Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:54 am

Oh yeah, Bruce is something! :ohmy:

This one should be doable though. Did you try it in the key of G (capo I)?

wrsomers wrote:
Sounds great Ness. I'll start working on it in anticipation of IGC. I've learned a tiny part of it. The intro is the challenge. As you know, it's hard to convert piano to guitar; especially Bruce Hornsby.

Bill

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic