Newest Target Members Only Lesson - Fly On The Wall - I’d Love You To Want Me with Fred

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
mcmurry1

Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:42 pm

Hi everyone,

We have a new Target members exclusive lesson for today, I’d Love You To Want Me with Fred.

Fred and Neil have been on a renewed Lobo kick, quite sometime after going over Me And You And A Dog Named Boo.

The week before this lesson Neil suggested that he might try to figure out I’d Love You To Want Me.

He came in with it pretty well done, particularly finding the right key without even listening to it.

He had it with a capo at the sixth fret in one of our common keys and we spent a lot of this lesson looking at the other places and relative keys we could use to play in the original key.

Enjoy this new lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... .html#song

sbutler

Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:01 pm

Ok, a couple of things. First, Fred gets it. He has to think about the keys and capo thing, but he is so much better than he was a year ago.

Next, I did ask for more lessons/info on capo and keys, cause I guess I'm a little thick, but this lesson did more for my understanding of the C A G E D thing than any other I've seen. The starting point always tripped me up.

The song was in Bflat, and I think I originally guess that right. So you simply started there, one step backwards in alphabetical order, which took you to A. Then picked up the CAGED thing from there. I think it's starting to sink in.

Thanks guys.

Scott

sandysue

Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:46 pm

That was a great FOTW Fred, lot's of really good info and you just keep improving so nicely. :)

Sandy

Fred

Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:58 pm

Thanks Scott and Sandy. Making baby steps in my much needed theory department!!

Best-
Fred

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic