New Target Addition to From The Beginning - Corrections & Variations

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGNeil

Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:55 pm

Hi Gang,

As many of you know, I have been off on a Greg Lake/King Crimson/ELP tangent since the death of Keith Emerson. This led me to a bunch of videos that I had never seen, and were probably not around in the previous century, when I put the lesson together on From The Beginning. I have some new info now because of it and thought I would add an additional part to the lesson (one of the original 50 TARGET lessons, by the way). It is called Corrections & Variations. I hope you enjoy it and would like some feedback as you get a chance to revisit this classic song.

Neil

Updated From The Beginning

And a couple of examples-

BigBear

Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:47 am

Neil- one of my favorite Greg Lake tunes (amongst so many). I'd love to see it tabbed so I can practice it correctly.

Thanks for the update! I actually noted some differences watching these videos!!

neverfoundthetime

Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:49 am

BigBear wrote:
Neil- one of my favorite Greg Lake tunes (amongst so many). I'd love to see it tabbed so I can practice it correctly.

Thanks for the update! I actually noted some differences watching these videos!!

A sign of spring, the bears are awakening! Its been a long winter.... :laugh:

unclewalt

Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:35 pm

TGNeil

Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:39 pm

BigBear wrote:

Hey there BB,

Thanks for checking in. Tab has been added so let's have a follow-up on this at IGC buddy!

Neil

sbutler

Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:44 pm

Yep, I too noticed that he kept his index finger on C, while he went thru that picking thing. But Since I've been using this song as a picking exercise since the day you made it a lesson, it's hard for me to wanna change much.
I saw one of those videos, (Greg in the white jacket) a long time ago. Maybe the entire concert wasn't available, but "From the Beginning" was, so I've heard these changes for a while, and I really do like them.

Thanks for revisions Neil.

thereshopeyet

Mon May 16, 2016 4:02 pm

Neil
I tried this year ago and put it aside.

That is a great addition, it's definitely worth watching this addition before the earlier lesson.
Lots to think about.

I liked the sound of the cross picking and alternate picking as in in the earlier lesson.

Dermot

:)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic