>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - Take A Pebble - Emerson, Lake & Palmer

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
willem

Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:13 pm

Hi everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live, Take A Pebble by Emerson, Lake & Palmer.

The first ELP album included the original version of Take A Pebble, a song that started out as an acoustic ballad by Greg Lake but became a keyboard showcase under the hands of Keith Emerson.

In recent years Greg Lake has been performing it as the ballad he wrote.

This lesson takes a “work it out”, ear training approach where you can see what strings are being played and the challenge is to figure out as much of the arpeggios as you can.

All is revealed by the end, and the student should be able to put it together without tab or a chart.

Enjoy this level 5 lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... .html#song

ELP Studio Version

ELP Live 1970

Acoustic Live, starts at 22:14

skaladar

Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:06 pm

It always seemed a little odd to me that Greg Lake was credited with writing "Take a Pebble" in which the piano was so clearly prominent. But then, a lot of things seemed odd at the time ... I mean how often do you see a grand piano played from the inside? I’m equally surprised to learn that this was originally Greg Lake’s ballad until it was arranged by the band for their first album.

However, after hearing the ear training section of the lesson played on an acoustic guitar, sans keyboard and bass, I hear chords with Greg’s name all over it. One in particular (that I won’t mention by name) that he seems particularly fond of, suffice to say "The Sage", "Epitaph" and most recently "The Court of the Crimson King" all come to mind.

Thanks so much for this lesson Neil. I now have a plate full of marshmallows from which to happily choose :-)

♫ - Ken - ♫

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic