Newest Target Members Only Lesson - Fly On The Wall - Perfect Fifths & Other Intervals with Ed

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
wrsomers

Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:50 pm

Hi everyone,

We have a new Target members exclusive lesson for today, Perfect Fifths & Other Intervals with Ed.

Near the beginning of this lesson with Ed he brought up what he thought would be a quick question. It was simply, “What is a perfect fifth?”

About 30 minutes later we got back on the original track but this derailment became a good summary of intervals in general, particularly playing parallel thirds on adjacent strings and some connections to why certain types of chords fall on the various steps of the scale.

Enjoy this new lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... .html#song

TGNesh

Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:06 pm

Great question Ed! And lots of great other additional info in there. I always love to talk about the 'language' with my students and noticing that they are actually getting it. Especially when they've been playing for a little while, since they're finding out what they're actually doing and why they're doing it and why it works. The 'Aha' expressions in their faces are often just priceless. :laugh:

In any way, I thought you did a great job applying the thirds in the key of G and C. :)

Thanks for sharing another highly useful FOTW with us!

Ness

willem

Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:40 pm

You got to speak 3 languages,, they are,, English-Music and Dutch :laugh: B)

thanks for sharing

B)

TGNesh

Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:16 pm

Of course!!! :laugh: B)

willem wrote:
You got to speak 3 languages,, they are,, English-Music and Dutch :laugh: B)

thanks for sharing

B)

sbutler

Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:28 pm

My only wish for these types of lessons, is to be able to see what Neil is pointing at, when he says "play this, put your finger here, not there, then you get this, or that if your up here, but when your down there, it's not"

TGNeil

Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:27 pm

sbutler wrote:
My only wish for these types of lessons, is to be able to see what Neil is pointing at, when he says "play this, put your finger here, not there, then you get this, or that if your up here, but when your down there, it's not"
Hey Scott,

I know there are limitations to what I can do with these videos, a different angle showing the student would be good in many cases but not all. Two cameras? No way I could take the time to edit them together. I will try to be more aware of that when we are in action but hopefully there is useful info in every one.

Thanks,

Neil

sbutler

Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:58 pm

TGNeil wrote:
sbutler wrote:
Hey Scott,

I know there are limitations to what I can do with these videos, a different angle showing the student would be good in many cases but not all. Two cameras? No way I could take the time to edit them together. I will try to be more aware of that when we are in action but hopefully there is useful info in every one.

Thanks,

Neil
Neil, there is ALWAYS good stuff in these lessons. I've always been a fan. I guess my delivery may have sounded too critical, but it was more of a case of thinking with the keyboard. I don't know what the answer is, but we'll figure something out.
Scott

willem

Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:23 pm

sbutler wrote:
there is always the weekly wrap up with a straight angle.

:laugh: B)

thereshopeyet

Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:03 pm

Willem Wrote:
There is always the weekly wrap up with a straight angle].
Willem, The Weekly News ..... Neil always throws in a few other angles just to phase us !!

:ohmy:

unclewalt

Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:25 pm

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic