>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - Alone - Heart

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
AndyT

Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:48 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live, Alone by Heart.

‘The Road Home’ is a live album of a concert by the rock band Heart, released in 1995. It was produced by John Paul Jones (Led Zeppelin) and contains acoustic versions of many of Heart’s hits. It included the band’s greatest hit and power ballad Alone.

This lesson is based on that particular acoustic version of Alone, as primarily performed by Howard Leese, who has been with Heart the longest, besides the Wilson sisters.

The arrangement features both fingerpicking as well as strumming. There are relatively many chords, including different chord shapes, inversions, and a few barre chords.

Enjoy this level 6 song!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

willem

Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:23 am

Awesome Nesh..

michelew

Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:01 am

TGNessa,

What? you teaching a gorgeous song??? I'm shocked! :) the Wilson sisters (and their band :) ) no less.

Well of course after watching the preview I headed to the play through... I really enjoyed the entrée. I'm sure the main will be well worth the wait. Family... got to love 'em. :)

Barre chords eh... well I certainly don't love double-barre chords, one of my nemeses. But the beautiful picking in your "putting it all together' segment is definitely inspiring. Just gorgeous. I'm feeling a little lost for guitar playing time at the moment. But.... I'll be back :)

Nice one Ness, another gorgeous and powerful song to be sure.

Love

Shel

davidrfinn99165

Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:17 pm

I have to echo the previous distinguished posters Ness.. ie willem and the other one :) .... great lesson !!! i started it at around 2.30am and, well, sleep is for wusses...

many thx...

neverfoundthetime

Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:18 pm

Nice Ness! Looking forward to Part 8. :)

TGNesh

Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:14 am

Willem: Many thanks Willem! :) :) :)

Michele: Shocked you again eh?!! :laugh: :P Yes, the Wilson sisters are absolutely awesome!! They, and their band, left me speechless and in awe when I saw them at The Grammy Festival At Sea in 2014. They delivered the song as if it was brand new, as if Ann haven't sung the song for 30 years already! :ohmy: In any way, this version (of The Road Home) is just really nice to play. Double barre chords :laugh:, turn weaknesses in strengths! ;) Thanks honey! xoxo

David: Thank you very much David! So I kept you up all night?! :blink: :laugh: I take it as a compliment! :) Great to hear you've already started working on it. How is it going btw?

Chris: Haha, yeah part 8 indeed! B) Thanks Chris!

TGNessa B)

shinbonepaul

Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:08 pm

Thank you so much for tackling this one, Ness. It was at the top of my request a lesson list. Been waiting a long, long time for this song. And as you always do, a fantastic job of playing, explaining with exquisite detail and singing. You are right! This is Ann Wilson and very few can attempt it, much less come close. If Corina is able to join you in a play through, that would be great. But, the song and the beautiful guitar arrangement are here now. I really appreciate it. As always, looking forward to your next lesson.

TGNesh

Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:07 pm

Hey Paul, how great to hear from you and many thanks for your generous comment!

And yes, very happy that you're happy with it! :cheer:

Ann is simply.... :blink: :woohoo: It's just amazing how she has kept her voice in súch good shape. I'm so happy that I've seen them at least once in my life time and they totally blew me away! :ohmy:

So what's next on your request list? :P

Thanks again Paul, appreciate it just as much! Big hug xoxo

Ness

shinbonepaul wrote:
Thank you so much for tackling this one, Ness. It was at the top of my request a lesson list. Been waiting a long, long time for this song. And as you always do, a fantastic job of playing, explaining with exquisite detail and singing. You are right! This is Ann Wilson and very few can attempt it, much less come close. If Corina is able to join you in a play through, that would be great. But, the song and the beautiful guitar arrangement are here now. I really appreciate it. As always, looking forward to your next lesson.

shinbonepaul

Sat Apr 23, 2016 4:38 pm

Hey Ness,

What's next on my request list? Hmmmm... I'll have to think about that, and get back to you. "Ghost" might be a possibility.

I enjoy and look forward to any of the lessons to put up here.

Shinbone Paul

TGNesh

Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:23 am

Ah Ghost, of course, thanks for reminding me, it got off the radar again :S That one is on my list ever since :dry: summer 2014? Have worked on and off on that one, beautiful song!

Many thanks again Paul! :)

Ness

shinbonepaul wrote:
Hey Ness,

What's next on my request list? Hmmmm... I'll have to think about that, and get back to you. "Ghost" might be a possibility.

I enjoy and look forward to any of the lessons to put up here.

Shinbone Paul

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic