Newest Target Members Only Lesson - Fly On The Wall - The Capo, Absolute & Relative Keys with Sandy

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tombo1230

Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:54 pm

Hi everyone,

We have a new Target members exclusive lesson for today, The Capo, Absolute & Relative Keys with Sandy.

Sandy has been working on putting together second guitar parts to work on collaborations for IGC and remotely with Willem.

In this lesson we started with Sweet Baby James, looking for the best key for her voice and how we might transpose and/or capo, taking in to consideration how Willem could add a lead part.

We talked about the five common guitar keys, brought in C-A-G-E-D, worked on distinguishing absolute and relative keys, looked at Willem’s Guitar Pro file with a lead, and eventually ran through the song in a way that could work.

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... sandy.html

familyman4

Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:07 pm

Very good FOTW. Fun to watch, good Q&A, covering the basics of how the capo works and how the CAGED system relates. Might be a few surprises for some IT experts on the TG site :)

Thanks!

sandysue

Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:55 pm

familyman4 wrote:
Very good FOTW. Fun to watch, good Q&A, covering the basics of how the capo works and how the CAGED system relates. Might be a few surprises for some IT experts on the TG site :)

Thanks!
Thank you Bart, I'm glad I didn't confuse everyone too much with all of questions. I just needed to clarify in my mind exactly how to find the absolute key and the relative key by changing the position of the capo on the fretboard. It's important information to have when someone needs to sing in a certain key or play along with other people. :)

Sandy

willem

Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:11 am

The Gpro file has the melody in it but it was' nt my intension to play it, but is a great idea.

great FOTW , thx

sandysue

Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:22 am

willem wrote:
The Gpro file has the melody in it but it was' nt my intension to play it, but is a great idea.

great FOTW , thx
Oops Sorry Willem. It would sound really pretty as an instrumental 3rd verse, but no pressure. :S :)

Sandy

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic