>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - Africa - Toto

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
guitardude7

Mon May 16, 2016 6:22 pm

Hi everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live, Africa by Toto.

Africa is a song by the American rock band Toto. It was included on their 1982 album ‘Toto IV’, which earned them a Grammy Award for ‘Album of the Year’.

In this lesson we take a look at how to incorporate the simple, yet effective signature bass riff and an easy way to play through the song.

The progression features double time strumming, many chord changes, a few barre chords and a one measure time signature change in the verses.

An important aspect of the song is of course the vocals. For that, a segment covering the vocal harmony parts for the chorus is included.

Enjoy this level 4 song!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... .html#song

wrsomers

Mon May 16, 2016 6:37 pm

OMG YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!!! The harmonies were so tight. I'm just speechless. Makes me want to move to the Netherlands. GREAT JOB. Yes I'm shouting. It's that good!!!!

Bill

neverfoundthetime

Mon May 16, 2016 6:42 pm

Thanks Bill, been really looking forward to this lesson release! :) Vanessa and Corina are fabulous to work with!

michelew

Mon May 16, 2016 6:44 pm

BRILLIANT play through. You even had Charlie enter on queue. Is she the new CCNess mascot? :)

I agree with Bill, CCNess is AWESOME! Shouting is definitely called for. I'm now walking into the office with a big smile on my face. Even my ears are smiling. :)

Love

Shel

:kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

sbutler

Mon May 16, 2016 7:11 pm

And the Hits just keep coming. WOW, what a song to do a lesson on.

Ness you never cease to amaze. Corina and Chris, thanks as always. Your contributions are always a welcome sound,(and sight of course).

Keep em coming guys! Your Great!

Scott

willem

Tue May 17, 2016 4:54 am

Vanessa,Corina and Chriss thanks so very much..

What a great lesson, I love the strumming and going from chord to chord as in the lesson(love that little F shape A chord,thats one to remember for sure),

Great harmonie singing..

I can imagine the get together was huge fun.

B)

W.

davidrfinn99165

Tue May 17, 2016 9:42 am

Fantastic playthrough performance !!

As they say on the TV shows - you made it your own dude...and dudesses. (i was going to say 'dutch dudesses' but that would have sounded silly).

BobR

Tue May 17, 2016 11:22 am

Ness, Corina and Chris,

That was freakin' AWESOME :woohoo: :woohoo:

Loved it

bob.

dekotaj

Wed May 18, 2016 7:21 am

BRAVO!!

You all sound amazing.I always enjoyed hearing this song come on the radio.
Ness what a great lesson. Looks like all had fun. And that's what making music is all about. Corina and Chris great work on the vocal harmony.

Thanks for the really nice preview lesson of this great song.
Kev

crieniecat

Wed May 18, 2016 1:03 pm

Bill Shouting?! :woohoo: How cool, I'm honored, to have you shouting in this positive way, Thank you!! ;) :P

Michele Funny eh, the Charlie was there right at the spot, not willing to leave Chris' site :laugh:
And we have you shouting as well :ohmy: :laugh: Is this the new way of support? I like it a lot though hahaha! Thanks dear :kiss:

Scott Yes I agree, hit after hit from, our beloved Ness and Neil. B) We are already looking forward to the next one we'll be able to do together as CCNess. Any requests/Idea's? :silly: :cheer: And thanks a lot dear friend. Wished you would be there at IGC 2016! :unsure:

Willem You were so right about the first song! The band that is! You always have a special radar for our collabs, are your birds always whispering in your ears and confiding in you about our future plans? :lol: :blink: :woohoo:

David As our moto is: CCNess nails !t B) Yes I am so proud of my fellow group members, they are awesome. Did I tell you already how fantastic they are? :woohoo: :laugh: We should meet up one day!

Bob Jeeeej, that is so cool to hear!! We loved to do every second of the play through, both this one and the first one, I think it's obvious to see eh?
Thank you as well for your generous comment :cheer: :kiss:

Kev Yes it's a great song, I've always loved it as well. Who would have thought Ness would be able to make it into such a superb lesson?!
And the fact that Chris and I were able to add our parts in making the final was just soooo cool. Thank you for your (shouted) Bravo! It's very much appreciated. :lol: ;) :P

A huge "Thank you" for Vanessa and Chris who made the magic happen there. It was a special and intense process to see the play through develop and in the end to have it all anchored. Appreciation and respect all around, and most of all the sparkle we were able to manifest for all you gals and guys to see :kiss:

That is worth it all,
Corina. :kiss: :kiss:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic