>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - Traces - The Classics IV

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
michelew

Tue May 24, 2016 3:45 pm

Hi everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live, Traces by The Classics IV.

The Classics IV had a handful of hits in the late 1960s. Traces, written by Buddis Buie, J.R. Cobb, and Emory Gordy Jr., made it to #2 on the Billboard Hot 100 in 1969.

The song opens with an arpeggiated descending bass line under a minor progression, followed by an usual chord sequence outside the key of D, where the verse begins.

The lesson includes arpeggio picking, percussive fingerpicking, light finger strumming, and a lot of barre chords. The song modulates up a half step at the end, making the chords even a little bit more challenging.

Enjoy this level 6 song!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... .html#song

davidrfinn99165

Wed May 25, 2016 5:38 pm

Wow this is a cool song - never heard it before, I'm not sure if these guys had any hits in the UK, but i'm pretty certain this song can't have made our charts back then.

michelew

Wed May 25, 2016 8:49 pm

Very nice song. I haven't heard it before either. But hey... I was 2 at the time it was released.... Well ... And I live under a rock. :woohoo:

I especially like the percussive strumming approach. I'll give this a look at some point soon.

Thanks Neil.

Michele

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic