Newest Target Members Only Lesson - Fly On The Wall - Windy & Warm with Lynn

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
Lavallee

Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:46 pm

Hi everyone,

We have a new Target members exclusive lesson for today, Windy & Warm with Lynn.

This is a continuation of Lynn’s lesson in May of 2016 that started with Michelle. We worked a little bit on pull-off techniques and then got into Windy & Warm.

This led to more suggestions on hand position, barre chord technique, ninth chord theory, and a discussion on some of the different components of fingerpicking songs.

One of the big suggestions was to listen more carefully to the bass notes and filler notes, which will still allow you to hear the melody, just a little less consciously.

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... .html#song

familyman4

Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:15 pm

Thanks for sharing! Really fun to watch and learn....

thereshopeyet

Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:50 am

Lynn and Neil

I really like your FOTW on Windy and Warm.
It's a great tune and Neils lesson is brilliant.

There are so many versions out there I wonder if Neil plans to add to the lesson ?

Dermot

fjeanmur

Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:07 am

Hey Lynn,

I only got to watch the lesson yesterday. For me, I think it was the most useful FOTW I have seen. While I appreciate when there is lots of talk about theory (and we all should know more), this lesson where Neil helped you attack playing problems was so useful. The part where you two went over those pull offs coming out of the Dm was exactly what I needed too. As soon as I get the chance, I will rewatch it with my guitar. This one really was the next best thing to having my own lesson. We'll have to compare notes in August.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic