>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - The Eagles - Saturday Night

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
cosmicmechanic

Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:16 pm

Hi everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live, Saturday Night by The Eagles.

Saturday Night is a track from The Eagles’ 2nd studio album ‘Desperado’, released in 1973.

This is a perfect song for beginners to learn, since it consists of 9, out of 14, basic open chords in first position, along with the easy ¾ strumming. It should be reasonable for anyone to tackle.

The lesson takes a look at the chords, how to preferably finger them, the progression and the strumming. The latter should be done with both swing and straight feel.

It takes practice when learning anything new on the guitar, no matter the level of one’s playing. But in order to really make progress and get the results one is looking for, it is extremely important that it’s done the correct way. For that I’ve taken this lesson as an opportunity to show and teach how to do so, in particular when changing chords and when doing so in time.

It’s recommended to check out those segments. There is useful information in there for all level guitar players, since it’s applicable to anything one tries to do on the guitar.

Enjoy this level 2 song!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... .html#song

willem

Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:01 pm

Vanessa, thx for the practice segments..so important.

EDIT: beautiful playing and singing and! great teaching ( so relaxed).

thereshopeyet

Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:17 pm

Vanessa

That's a great lesson and Eagles addition.

Fingers have a mind of their own for sure !

:unsure:

Click Image To Enlarge

michelew

Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:04 am

Beautiful playthrough Ness, just gorgeous. Your love for Eagles songs comes shining through.

You've demonstrated yet again that a song doesn't have to be too complicated to sounds great.

How to practice eh? Interesting. :)

Shel

wrsomers

Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:54 am

Ness,
Another great lesson. As always such good advice. I am a golf teacher and I tell my students the same thing...lessons are to teach you how to practice properly. Practice does not make perfect...only perfect practice makes perfect. Thanks for all you do.

Bill

TGNesh

Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:14 pm

Willem: You're very right Willem, actually it's not just important, it's crúcial! Alles valt en staat ermee. ;) Thank you very much for your compliment! Also good to hear I come across as relaxed. B)

Dermot: :laugh: :laugh: You're too funny! Actually, fingers don't have a mind of their own. They do what you máke them do. That's why you need to laser focus/monitor them. If you let them do something ten different ways (even when it's slightly different), yes, then it seems as if they have a mind of their own, because they don't know which way out of those ten you want. So they're actually only doing what you've made them do, which is something else every single time. They simply don't have a choice. In any way, when you're trying something and they don't do what you want them to do, then tension has creeped in and you need to relax first. You should be aware of body tension (and releasing it) every 20 seconds. At one point, you'll do so automatically. And your fingers will be grateful and able to move smoothly and do what you want them to do. :)

Michele: Thank you very much Shel! Yeah....I love the Eagles. :cheer: :) B) I would agree, it doesn't take much for a song to be great. I've always loved this one, for whatever reason. Don's vocals just sound gorgeous. As for how to practice....haha! :P Like I mentioned to Willem, make it mindful, perfect practice and your progress will sky rocket! ;)

Bill: Can't help to say that I always really appreciate a compliment from a fellow teacher Bill. :) I couldn't agree more, only 'perfect practice makes perfect!' Many thanks Bill, I sure appreciate it!

TGNess B)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic