Newest Target Members Only Lesson - Fly On The Wall - Songbird Revisited with Sandy

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
Rod

Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:21 pm

Hi everyone,

We have a new Target members exclusive lesson for today, Songbird Revisited with Sandy.

Sandy is trying to get a group of songs ready to play at our upcoming International Guitar Camp. This means taking a song into the “performable” category, something that many students don’t do enough of.

In this lesson, we talked about what she could do for a short instrumental section, which would be different whether she was playing solo or had someone else accompanying her.

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... .html#song

willem

Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:39 pm

Sandy you sounded very nice, the guitar and the singing, looking forward to your performence in August,, succes

B)

W.

TGNesh

Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:41 pm

I agree with Willem, you sound really really nice Sandy! :)

sandysue

Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:32 pm

Thank you Willem and Vanessa

I've been using that Transcribe app so that I can slow the song down and loop the parts that I'm having the most trouble with. It's still hard for me to sing, and play the guitar at the same time. :S

michelew

Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:36 pm

I joyed being a fly on the wall. Thanks it was great watching you two play bits of the song and Neil showing how to prepare a very effective solo. It's such a beautiful song. Thanks for the reminder.

Thanks.

M

sandysue

Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:33 pm

michelew wrote:
I joyed being a fly on the wall. Thanks it was great watching you two play bits of the song and Neil showing how to prepare a very effective solo. It's such a beautiful song. Thanks for the reminder.

Thanks.

M
Thank you Michele.

Songbird is a beautiful song. It's great to learn a solo version so that we can either play it alone, or with accompaniment. :)

Sandy

familyman4

Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:04 pm

Hey Sandy,

I am looking forward to watching and hearing you place this on the big stage in August!

Can't wait !

Bart

sandysue

Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:00 pm

familyman4 wrote:
Hey Sandy,

I am looking forward to watching and hearing you place this on the big stage in August!

Can't wait !

Bart
I don't know Bart, I'm not as brave as you. I have that stage fright thing. :S

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic