>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - Fix You - Coldplay

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
guitardude7

Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:05 pm

Another great song and great lesson!

Another way to play it could be to tune your guitar done a 1/2 step and play as if in E. Not too hard, but if you're just playing it on one guitar not as easy to do the strumming and picking part at the same time.

Also, on the ukulele, I tuned down a whole step and played as if in key of F. Worked pretty good!

TGNesh

Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:48 am

Hey Steve, many thanks!

Yes, of course you could do it like that. Personally I'm not much of a fan of the key of E and also, I'd rather stay in standard tuning, unless I really need to, like with 'I Wanna Know What Love Is', or 'Boys of Summer' (then I tune it down, like they do too, otherwise the vocals are simply to high, at least for me). Instead I'd consider key of D, which I have for this one as well of course.

Indeed, look for whatever works for you. Thanks again Steve!

Ness

guitardude7 wrote:
Another great song and great lesson!

Another way to play it could be to tune your guitar done a 1/2 step and play as if in E. Not too hard, but if you're just playing it on one guitar not as easy to do the strumming and picking part at the same time.

Also, on the ukulele, I tuned down a whole step and played as if in key of F. Worked pretty good!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic