>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - Jesus To A Child - George Michael

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
Lavallee

Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:45 pm

Hi everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live, Jesus To A Child by George Michael.

Jesus To A Child is a song by the British singer-songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, record producer and multi-award winner George Michael.

It’s one of Michael’s best known songs and was included on his third 1996 solo album ‘Older’.

This lesson takes a close look at the chords, since it features 22 variations, based on six chords in the key of Am, with one chord out of the key. The guitar is capoed on the 4th fret to match the absolutely key of C#m.

It’s up to the student to decide how they want to use the right hand. The song could be played with percussive strumming to copy the bossa nova feel, but fingerpicking or simply strumming through it should work fine as well. Personally I prefer the latter to emphasize and bring out the beauty, color and tension of the chords.

There are also two segments which cover how to practice new chord shapes and a bit of theory about how to build and construct chords, when you’re not familiar with them just yet.

Enjoy this level 4 song!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... .html#song

michelew

Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:01 am

TGNessa,

What a gorgeous song. George has painted such a touching story of love, longing and loss with his beautiful pallet of chord colours. 22...WOW!...

So far I've watched segments 1, 2, 5, 6, and of course your GORGEOUS playthrough. My gosh you capture the heart and soul of this song so well. Your delicate strumming and sweet voice against those passionate chords is just heart-breakingly beautiful.

There's SO much information and fantastic reminders in the segments I've watched so far. The practice drills, yep, you're so right about that. I'm definitely trying to incorporate that approach into my practice. And the chord theory segment was really informative. I've read quite a bit about chord construction and I've got a fair bit down. I can work out chords fairly easily on the piano. But, I always find it more of a challenge on the guitar. Watching you work out ways to play the complex chords starting with the relevant major or minor chord was really helpful. Thank you for going into so much detail.

Once again, you've gone above and beyond to show us how to play another lovely song. And you've given us a bunch of tools that we can apply to other things. It reminds me to experiment with more colourful chords too.

Thanks sweet woman. Another gift. I love your work.

Shel

willem

Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:39 pm

Vanessa, super lesson with all his video segments and what a beautiful music,

again your singing was also very beautiful, enjoyed!!

Willem.

thereshopeyet

Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:51 pm

Vanessa

I looked briefly and the lesson looks great, .
Lots of goodies in here.
Off to watch it through.

Thanks

Dermot

neverfoundthetime

Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:54 pm

Beautiful play-through on this lovely song Ness!

crieniecat

Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:59 pm

Totally blown away by your Play through!!
Can't describe it differently :S

TGNesh

Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:05 am

Michele: What a gorgeous song. George has painted such a touching story of love, longing and loss with his beautiful pallet of chord colours. 22...WOW!... I couldn't agree more Shel and I couldn't have said it better either. Also, your comment on my lesson and play through leaves me :blush: agáin!! I guess I did put a lót in there and I'm always hoping, of course, that students will find much value in it and will benefit from it in they're overall playing and practicing. Many thanks for leaving me such an elaborate comment on what it is that you've found in there. You're very sweet yourself! :) :) :kiss:

Willem: Thanks so much Willem! And your compliment on my vocals is really nice to hear for sure! :cheer:

Dermot: Thanks Dermot! I hope you will like the 'goodies' in there, a lot of info and definitely useful for anyone.

Chris: Thank you very much Chris! I always really do my best on those play through, so very glad you've enjoyed it!

Corina: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! I hear you loud and clear, thank you!! :cheer: B)

TGNess :)

thereshopeyet

Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:22 pm

Vanessa Wrote:
Thanks Dermot! I hope you will like the 'goodies' in there, a lot of info and definitely useful for anyone.
The Goodies are coming for you and you and yooou :ohmy:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic