Newest Target Members Only Lesson - Fly On The Wall - Diminished Scales??? with Ed

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
elennon

Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:44 pm

Hi everyone,

We have a new Target members exclusive lesson for today, Diminished Scales??? with Ed.

Ed’s lesson on June 15 got into some serious theory. The next week he came back asking about a diminished scale. This led to an even more intense and deep discussion of music theory.

We covered other different scales like the chromatic and whole tone, modes, enharmonic notes (is there really a B#?), double sharps and flats, the origins of, tablature, definitions of intervals, chords and scales, and possibly a dozen other elements.

Sit back and enjoy, maybe take notes, and even plan on multiple viewings if you are up to it.

Enjoy this new lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... .html#song

TGNesh

Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:55 am

Catching me by surprise again Neil and Ed :ohmy: , in the same week when you talked about Townes Van Zandt with Ed, I released 'If I Needed You'. This week you guys talk about diminished scales and I don't know what more theory and I've dived into the world of exotic scales (for this weeks lesson), in particular the Jewish Scale, AKA the Spanish Phrygian Gypsy scale, the 5th mode of the harmonic minor scale. Beautiful scale btw! There has been other teaching-'coincidences' lately, but I can't recall what it was. Might have been the perfect 5th's and other intervals with Ed as well, but that was for me personally and not for my lesson that week :dry: , so there must've been something else too. Oh well.

There's nothing much to it obviously, it just catches me by great surprise here and there, especially when it happens several times within a few weeks/months. :)

Looking forward to watching the lesson. One can never hear about theory from many angles too much.

Thanks!

Ness

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic