>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - Perfect - P!nk

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGKatherine

Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:33 am

Hi everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live, Perfect by P!nk.

“Perfect” is a song by American singer-songwriter, dancer and actress P!nk, taken from her
2010 album ‘Greatest Hits… So far!!!’

It features a classic I-V-VI-IV progression in the key of G and this lesson shows how her
guitar player plays it when performing it together acoustically.

Besides the chords and the progression, we mainly take a thorough look at the double time
strumming.

There are different chord shapes in verse 3. They consist of basically two notes, which are
a 10th, an octave and a major/minor 3rd away from each other. When strumming, they need
to be played while muting all the other strings.

Enjoy this level 3 song!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... .html#song

michelew

Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:00 am

Nice song Ness. Another straightforward song that sounds great. Actually it reminds me a little of You're Beautiful.

And I just knew you couldn't do a 5 segment lesson without making one of them more than 20 minutes. :) :p Incredible detail on double strumming. I love the way you link it to drumming and the snare. Always cool to learn that stuff.

By the way, you sounded GREAT in your preview, when you were play snippets of a playthrough.

Very nice.

Shel

TGNesh

Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:18 am

So you noticed??! Haha, 20+ minutes indeed! :laugh: :laugh: :P Well anyone looking for double time strumming details really should watch this lesson, or at least that segment, since it's of course SO applicable to many many other songs. I should keep track on in which lesson I thoroughly break down specific aspects of playing. I tend to use every lesson to get into real dept about at least one important aspect of guitar playing.

And yes, drumming has so much to do with it, actually same for the piano. I do tend to copy drumming into every instrument that I play. Music is just all about rhythm, right?!

THANK YOU on the preview! :cheer: I did tune my guitar a half step down though. I guess i could've done a complete play through, but I didn't have time to get the 'rapping' in the third verse down (I would've skipped the ad libs though). But indeed time wasn't on my side and I figured....'oh well, just watch the acoustic version done by P!nk herself'. ;)

Again, thanks so much for your support, you know how much I appreciate it! xoxo

TGNess B)

michelew wrote:
Nice song Ness. Another straightforward song that sounds great. Actually it reminds me a little of You're Beautiful.

And I just knew you couldn't do a 5 segment lesson without making one of them more than 20 minutes. :) :p Incredible detail on double strumming. I love the way you link it to drumming and the snare. Always cool to learn that stuff.

By the way, you sounded GREAT in your preview, when you were play snippets of a playthrough.

Very nice.

Shel

shinbonepaul

Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:14 pm

Hey Ness, Nice to see Pink come to TG. At some point, it would be nice to see you give "Try" a try.

TGNesh

Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:05 pm

Hey Paul, thanks for dropping in!

I have to give it a listen of course. Can't promise anything, my list is long and it's just getting longer. :blink: But I'm glad you like P!nk coming to TG. I think she definitely belongs here. :)

Thanks again Paul!

Ness

shinbonepaul wrote:
Hey Ness, Nice to see Pink come to TG. At some point, it would be nice to see you give "Try" a try.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic