>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - The Painter - Dave Nachmanoff

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
wrsomers

Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:27 pm

Hi everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live, The Painter by Dave Nachmanoff.

The Painter is a song by American singer-songwriter and multi-instrumentalist Dave Nachmanoff, who is also known as Al Stewart’s musical accompanist and collaborator. It’s taken from his latest 2016 album ‘Spinoza’s Dream’.

This lesson covers the chords, the progression, the uptempo strumming with swing feel and some of the details of Dave’s style of guitar playing.

The arrangement is done in DADGAD, where the guitar is capoed on the 5th fret. It consists of some fast chord changes, several passing bass notes, a few slides and an occasional hammer-on.

Enjoy this level 4 song!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... .html#song

willem

Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:29 pm

Vanessa, you are great musician and a superb teacher.

Q: how long did it take you to learn and master this song?

W. B)

dtaylor

Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:07 pm

What a beautiful song, I look forward to learning this one, and learning more of DADGAD on the way, hopefully.

davidrfinn99165

Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:29 pm

That's a great lesson Ness - we must get 40 people playing it for Dave at camp!!!!

wrsomers

Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:36 am

Wow Ness,
Another one that you've hit out of the park. This is a great sounding song which is easier to play that it looks and sounds (thanks to your clear and concise lesson). This is one that I plan to learn. Your play through was beautiful. This is my first attempt at DADGAD. I don't know why I've waited so long to try this tuning. Love it. You've inspired me to play more of these. Niine days and counting. I hope you are enjoying your vacation.

Bill

sandysue

Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:13 am

sandysue

Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:13 am

It's so nice to start having lessons on Dave's music. He has so many great hits. This is a really beautiful song. My biggest priority on his list of hits is One Black Swan. Can't wait for that lesson. Hint hint. :)

Sandy

BobR

Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:16 pm

Ness,
I've been listening to Spinoza's Dream for a while now and all the songs are great, but this is one of my favorites. I was thinking it would be nice to learn it and now here it is. :) :)

See you soon

Bob

michelew

Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:28 pm

What a great song! Well I purchased Spinoza's Dream this morning and I'm listening to his other fab songs too. I haven't started looking at the lesson itself yet, I'm a bit distracted with a few things at the moment as you'd imagine. But it's nice to know that there's a 'straightforward song' DADGAD that sounds this cool.

You sound great Ness, guitar and vocals, and deliver a performance that's absolutely true to Dave's song. The surprise is very cool! :)

Shel

TGNesh

Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:38 pm

Hey folks, how awesome to get such a reponse to one of Dave's songs!

Willem: How generous you are Willem! I certainly aim for improving as a teacher and a musician all the time, so thank you very much! Your question, well.....not so long :). There are in my opinion, a few elements involved when playing a song. For me, that's figuring it out (learning/practicing), mastering (you could write a book about what that means though) and most importantly 'owning' a song. The latter takes by far most of the time, since it can only be accomplished through time. You want to have all the details and nuances down automatically. So I had been playing it for maybe two weeks. Anyway, thanks again Willem!

Dean: Very glad to hear you like the song Dean and I'm sure you'll find your way around DADGAD in no time!

David: Haha, absolutely agree with you David! Actually for once i hope I can accompany Dave for a change, that'd be fun!

Bill: Loved to read your comment Bill, so very generous as always, thank you! How awesome that it has inspired you. I think you'll find your way just fine as well. Like you said, this song is way easier than it seems or sounds. And yes, I'm certainly enjoying my time here in CA. Off to Seattle tomorrow and back on Friday again. Less than a week now Bill! :cheer:

To be continued!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic