>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - Sugar, Sugar - The Archies

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
willem

Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:10 pm

Hi everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live, Sugar, Sugar by The Archies.

‘Sugar, Sugar’ is a pop song originally recorded by The Archies, a bubblegum pop band formed by a group of fictional
teenagers in the television cartoon series The Archie Show. It became the 1969 number-one single of the year.

This lesson covers the chords, the progression, the strumming and a relatively simple way to incorporate the signature
riff. It also includes a segment about how to transpose it to another key in order to fit one’s vocal range.

Enjoy this level 3 song!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... .html#song

davidrfinn99165

Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:19 pm

Many thx Ness..... my first lesson since back from camp 12 hours ago, and of course it had to be this one. Maybe it is a guilty pleasure but i sure do love that riff!!!! :)

michelew

Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:33 pm

Hey TGNessa,

I'm definitely in re-entry mode after camp; crashing a little after the high of having such a great time. But, returning to the real world has its privileges too, I finally have the time to watch this lesson. :) which has picked me up again. :)

I love this song, it always makes me smile. It's just so sweet and fun; sunny.

I love the string dampening you're doing in here. It sounds great and the segment is really detailed as always. I'm sure I'll be able to get it down.

Well since my thumb nail has finally given up the ghost and has now broken all the way across, it's time to put the strumming and picking advice that you and Neil both gave me into action. This is a great one to get that happening on properly right?!?

Thanks sweet teach. I really must send you a crate of apples one day. :)

:kiss:
Shel

michelew

Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:44 am

String dampening! I love that sound. Mine sure doesn't sound like yours yet Ness. :) more like muting at this point. I can get it happening, on and off, when I just do the dampening by itself. :) I guess I've got to put in the rest of my 5000 hours. :)

Very cool technique and great instruction Ness. I'm sure I'll get there eventually. :)

auntlynnie

Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:22 am

Vanessa,
I love this song and it is so fun to play. Being primarily a fingerpicker, I'm not very experienced with strumming and I'm very appreciative of your explanation and demonstration of the strum. I think I've mentioned this before on another lesson of yours - it really helps that you demonstrate it long enough that I'm able to get in sync and really practice it. I'm now working on the riff, and incorporating it - another challenge because I'm still having to concentrate on the strum, so perhaps I should practice the strum until I really don't have to think about it - and then add the riff.
Anyway, thanks for another great lesson.
Lynn

familyman4

Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:47 pm

One of life's little coincidence's: I haven't thought of this song since I was a kid, would have been 7 years old when the cartoon was on TV in "69" and the song was 1st heard. Anyway, good friend's of mine are planning a wedding for their daughter coming up in October. The mother & daughter want to have this song playing during the cake cutting part of the reception. Funny choice but you just never know what a song means to people and how a song has been a part of their lives in one way or another.

Very nice job on the lesson Vanessa. Detailed as always....

Bart

TGNesh

Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:27 pm

David: Great to hear David, immediately getting into playing even after camp, or maybe because of camp, whatever. :P I like the riff too! I don't know I've always really liked this song, makes me cheery!

Michele: Yeah, I know Shel, the re-entry mode ain't so easy. I'm still kinda dealing with that. Maybe today is the first day that I feel kind 'normal' again, which is probably why I'm responding here now too, haha! And yep, a sunny song for sure! So yeah, get your pick out of there and start strumming, you got to now! I'm sure you'll get there as well. A crate of apples would be very very nice, thanks my sweet friend. :) B)

Lynn: So good to hear you like this one Lynn, such a fun song for sure! Thanks for the useful feedback btw, that sure is good to hear too. You're right about the strumming, get that down first until you don't have to think about it at all, then incorporate those notes. Thanks again Lynn!

Bart: Nice coincidence Bart! Funny choice, then again, it's a sunny choice. :cheer: It's a song that makes people cheery and happy, i can relate there. ;) So are you playing then? In any way, thanks Bart!

TGNess B)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic