>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - Yellow - Coldplay

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
lcintokyo

Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:38 pm

Hi everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live, Yellow by Coldplay.

Yellow is a song by British alternative rock band Coldplay, and appears on their 2000 debut album ‘Parachutes’.

The song is in the key of B, where the guitar is tuned to EABGAD#, and consists of four chords, and one chord out of the key in the outro.

This lesson shows how vocalist Chris Martin plays it. It covers the tuning, the chords, the driving double time strumming and the progression.

It also includes a segment on how to play it in the key of A, capoed on the second fret, for those who like to play it in standard tuning.

Enjoy this level 4 song!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... .html#song

thereshopeyet

Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:52 pm

Vanessa
It's well seeing you had a great IGC - straight back into uploading.
Nice lesson.

Dermot

:)

michelew

Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:09 pm

TGNessa,

This is a beautiful song. I love the driving feel and the free/syncopation too.

I'm running so behind in responding to stuff...

Frankly, I find it incredible that you were able to go home and then release this messing so soon after returning from IGC. My brain is still tried and I've been home for more than a week. I guess I had too much fun. :) Naaaa! No such thing.

Well I haven't been able to take in all of the detail that you have in these lesson segments in the first pass. I'll need to return to get that down. As always you've gone into heaps of interesting detail in each one. I enjoyed hearing about the different types of strumming emphasis that Chris Martin uses in different performances. Very cool.

Another beautiful song. Another detailed lesson. Another heartbreaking playthrough. My hero.

:kiss:

Shel

TGNesh

Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:29 pm

Yeah, sómebody had to go back to 'work'!! :P Thanks for tuning in Dermot!

thereshopeyet wrote:
Vanessa
It's well seeing you had a great IGC - straight back into uploading.
Nice lesson.

Dermot

:)

TGNesh

Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:36 pm

You're right Shel, getting into the normal swing of things wasn't easy... :blink: ... I had worked out most of this song a few months ago, so I had already done my 'homework', that certainly helped.

I like the driving feel as well, such a cool song! And so doable for several instruments. I usually teach it to my drum students and bass students as well. Very straight forward, but still, driving indeed.

Btw did I ever tell you that you're the sweetest????! My most supportive, enthusiastic and loyal fan??! :cheer: :kiss:

Ness

michelew wrote:
TGNessa,

This is a beautiful song. I love the driving feel and the free/syncopation too.

I'm running so behind in responding to stuff...

Frankly, I find it incredible that you were able to go home and then release this messing so soon after returning from IGC. My brain is still tried and I've been home for more than a week. I guess I had too much fun. :) Naaaa! No such thing.

Well I haven't been able to take in all of the detail that you have in these lesson segments in the first pass. I'll need to return to get that down. As always you've gone into heaps of interesting detail in each one. I enjoyed hearing about the different types of strumming emphasis that Chris Martin uses in different performances. Very cool.

Another beautiful song. Another detailed lesson. Another heartbreaking playthrough. My hero.

:kiss:

Shel

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic