Newest Target Members Only Lesson - Fly On The Wall - Just A Song Before I Go with Sandy

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGKatherine

Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:26 pm

Hi everyone,

We have a new Target members exclusive lesson for today, Just A Song Before I Go with Sandy.

Sandy came back from IGC 2016 wanting to come up with a nice intro to Just A Song Before I Go, by Graham Nash and as done on their 1977 CSN.

Neil's first reaction was they probably couldn't work up an acoustic version of Stephen Stills opening lead.

After a little more considering, and a lot more listening, they came up with a surprising accurate rendition.

Neil tabbed it out for her in Guitar Pro and that file has been attached to the original lesson.

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... .html#song

familyman4

Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:16 pm

I truly enjoyed watching you guys work through the leads on this song!

Way to go Sandy! You've got this girl. Keep up the good work....

Bart

davidrfinn99165

Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:50 am

Very enjoyable fotw, this is sounding good Sandy !!

nb when did you start treating Neil like staff ?? 'Neil, pick up that guitar!' :)

Great fun !!

sandysue

Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:21 am

Thank you Bart: I think you told me that you already know how to play this song so I have to try and catch up with you a little bit. :S I have to start a year ahead of time to learn new songs because i seem to forget half of what I know whenever I get up to play at open mic. lol :S

Thank you David: You always make me laugh. I thought I was being pretty subtle when I asked Neil to play along with me, but maybe I was being a tiny bit bossy. lol :)

Sandy

auntlynnie

Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:23 am

Sandy and Neil,
Great lesson, thanks for sharing it with us. I have always loved this song, haven't gotten tired of it like some of the other CSN songs.
Wonderful to watch you two work out the leads - very cool!
Now I have way too many songs to learn!
Lynn

sandysue

Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:33 pm

auntlynnie wrote:
Sandy and Neil,
Great lesson, thanks for sharing it with us. I have always loved this song, haven't gotten tired of it like some of the other CSN songs.
Wonderful to watch you two work out the leads - very cool!
Now I have way too many songs to learn!
Lynn
Thank you Lynn.

I really like this song and I love the Minor key. It's a nice intermediate song for everyone to learn.

The intro is really nice for practicing timing and hammer on's and pull offs. I first used a metronome to get the timing right for the intro at about 50, but we figured out that CS&N plays the song at about 108. I think 100 will be fast enough for me.

This week we worked on an instrumental verse, referencing the melody plus a steady bass. It's great practice for ear training on the melody notes. :)

Sandy

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic