>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - Faith - George Michael

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGKatherine

Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:53 pm

Hi everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live, Faith by George Michael.

Faith is a song written and performed by singer-songwriter and multi-instrumentalist George Michael.

It’s taken from his solo debut and Grammy winning album of the same name, released in 1987. It reached number one
in the United States and was the top-selling single of the year in 1988.

This lesson takes a thorough look at the very cool uptempo and rhythmic groove, which needs to be played by muting
the strings with the fretting hand.

It covers the easy progression which was recorded in the key of B. The song uses five chords, preferably barre chords
from the E and A families.

Enjoy this level 4 song!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

michelew

Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:42 am

SO COOOOOL!!! :)

I LOVE this song! Gosh who doesn't?!?:) you'd have to be in a coma not to want to get up and move. House dancin' it was - to your playthrough that is, which was absolutely rockin'

Love the groove, love the sliding down, love the energy.

Nice pick!

Shel

:kiss: :kiss:

michelew

Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:44 am

Oh I do have one complaint about the playthrough, ... There wasn't enough of it!!! I had to go back and listen again. :)

Keep 'me wanting more right?!? Mission accomplished. :)

Oh... and A-shaped barre chords and I .... still not friends. :) this is another cool reason to get them working. :)

Silly alert - is it just me, or does George look like he's trying to check whether he's got BO on this album cover? :) don't get me wrong, he's a sexy man and it's still a sexy imagine... somehow... :silly: but, yep... it's a bit ... well suggestive that he might just need a shower. :) it's so 80s :)

davidrfinn99165

Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:31 am

Thx Ness - good song choice and a great play through .. i knew as soon as i saw the title for the lesson that you would absolutely rock this song. It is pretty fast barre chord strumming ! :)

hmm sort of thx Shel.... i'll never be able to see that pic of George Michael now without thinking of his armpits.. so yes,, erm thx a bunch! :woohoo:

TGNesh

Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:22 am

I absolutely agree with you Shel!! Who is able to sit still when this one comes up??!! :woohoo:

You have suggested/asked for Faith many years already, why in the world did it take me so long? :dry:

Oh well, I'm very happy you weren't dissapointed too. :cheer: And yes, I've always found it a much fun song to play, which I have done since.....uh well almost thirty years ago. It just always works and it's just an allround cool song! B) Without the solo, it's quite short indeed :laugh:. I'll take you coming back for it as a compliment, thank you very much!! :kiss:

And now befriend those d@#n A-shaped barrechords, you can do it!!

Ness

Ps. I agree with David, thanks for pointing out the armpit thing... :S :laugh:

michelew wrote:
SO COOOOOL!!! :)

I LOVE this song! Gosh who doesn't?!?:) you'd have to be in a coma not to want to get up and move. House dancin' it was - to your playthrough that is, which was absolutely rockin'

Love the groove, love the sliding down, love the energy.

Nice pick!

Shel

:kiss: :kiss:

TGNesh

Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:26 am

Many thanks David, I sure take that as a compliment too! :cheer: Playing this one always kinda lifts me up, even though the lyrics aren't neccessarily fun. Still, the groove is just way too cool!

Thanks again! :) (Let's try to forget to think about his armpits!! :laugh: :S )

Ness

davidrfinn99165 wrote:
Thx Ness - good song choice and a great play through .. i knew as soon as i saw the title for the lesson that you would absolutely rock this song. It is pretty fast barre chord strumming ! :)

hmm sort of thx Shel.... i'll never be able to see that pic of George Michael now without thinking of his armpits.. so yes,, erm thx a bunch! :woohoo:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic