>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - The Maker Makes - Rufus Wainwright

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGKatherine

Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:31 pm

Hi everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live, The Maker Makes by Rufus Wainwright.

Rufus Wainwright in an American-Canadian singer-songwriter and composer. He has recorded seven albums and
numerous tracks on compilations and film soundtracks.

The Maker Makes is a beautiful ballad, which he wrote for the soundtrack of the motion picture ‘Brokeback Mountain’
which appears during the closing credits.

This lesson covers the chords, the picking and the progression in the key of G, where the guitar is capoed on the first
fret. The arrangement is done in ¾ time and with swing feel.

Since he has recorded this song on a piano, we also take a look at a similar arrangement, using voicings close to the
ones he uses on the piano.

Enjoy this level 4 song!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... .html#song

michelew

Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:07 pm

TGNessa,

Another beautiful heartbreaker... it's such a moving song and your playthrough really does it justice ...

This is the very first song I learned on piano... complete song... I think, from you incidentally. And now here you are teaching it on guitar. That feels right somehow.

Thanks for another gorgeous song. I needed another tear jerker in my repertoire. :) ;).

Beautiful.

Shel

TGNesh

Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:53 am

I just knéw you needed another tearjerker in your repertoire Shel!! :laugh: :P B)

I recall that too, you playing it on the piano. :) It's a great song on both instruments I think. You should try it! :cheer:

Many thanks sweet friend, I'm very glad you like it. Gorgeous song for sure, very moving.

Big hug! xoxo

TGNess B)

michelew wrote:
TGNessa,

Another beautiful heartbreaker... it's such a moving song and your playthrough really does it justice ...

This is the very first song I learned on piano... complete song... I think, from you incidentally. And now here you are teaching it on guitar. That feels right somehow.

Thanks for another gorgeous song. I needed another tear jerker in my repertoire. :) ;).

Beautiful.

Shel

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic