>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - Right Here Waiting - Richard Marx

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGKatherine

Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:05 pm

Hi everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live, Right Here Waiting by Richard Marx.

Richard Marx is an American singer-songwriter, musician, and record producer who had a stream of hit singles in the late 1980s and 1990s.

One of those is Right Here Waiting, released in 1989, as the second single from his second album ‘Repeat Offender’.

This lesson shows how Richard plays it on stage, which he often does on the guitar. It also includes a chord solo similar to the piano intro
on the original recording.

The stage version is relatively easy and involves palm muting for the strumming hand and several hammer-ons for the fretting hand.

The chord solo for the intro is, in particular for the left hand, certainly more challenging. It especially requires fingers to move quickly and
independently from each other. Needless to say, correct practice is extremely important.

Enjoy this level 5 song!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... .html#song

familyman4

Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:32 pm

Hello Vanessa.

I really like this song. I do however always confuse it with the Brian Adams song that you did an earlier lesson on. "Everything I do, I do it for you". For some reason I get these two songs mixed up all the time.

Anyway, as always, you do a great job breaking it down, especially the introduction. Keep 'em coming girl!!!

Bart

P.S. I see that R.M. likes Taylor guitars a lot too. :) Love the KOA but the Rosewood & Spruce is always nice too.

TGNesh

Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:50 am

Hi Bart, I do get what you mean, mixing up those two songs. They do kinda have the same feel and both singers also have the same vibe all over them. I love both songs I have to say. This one, I remember performing it at school, I was 16/17. Someone accompanied me though, on piano. I never knew that Richard plays it on the guitar quite often, so it was nice to get to it now. Although, how to play the piano-intro was actually quite easy to figure out, so decided to teach both.

Thank you Bart!! :kiss:

Ps. Oh yeah, he sure has some nice guitars, Taylor indeed. The KOA looks just gorgeous!!

familyman4 wrote:
Hello Vanessa.

I really like this song. I do however always confuse it with the Brian Adams song that you did an earlier lesson on. "Everything I do, I do it for you". For some reason I get these two songs mixed up all the time.

Anyway, as always, you do a great job breaking it down, especially the introduction. Keep 'em coming girl!!!

Bart

P.S. I see that R.M. likes Taylor guitars a lot too. :) Love the KOA but the Rosewood & Spruce is always nice too.

michelew

Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:32 am

TGNess,

Gosh this is a beautiful song. The playthrough that you do of this with the piano intro - chord-solo is just divine... love it!

I've only just started watching this. I'll be back.

Gorgeous song. And I'm wracking my brain to remember what we'll known movie this is in...

Shel

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic