>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - Drops of Jupiter - Train

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGKatherine

Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:15 pm

Hi everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live, Drops Of Jupiter by Train.

Drops Of Jupiter is a song written and recorded by American band Train. It was released in February 2001 as the lead single
from their second album with the same name. It made the band earn two Grammy Awards in 2002, including ‘Best Rock Song
of the Year’.

This lesson is entirely based on how vocalist Pat Monahan and lead guitar player Jimmy Stafford perform it acoustically and
stripped down.

The arrangement is in the key of C, with one chord out of the key. It features a very easy progression but a more challenging
part for the strumming, which is heavily syncopated and in double time.

For that we take a thorough look at the strumming, analyzing where the accents should be placed and some more dress up
details of Jimmy Stafford's playing.

Have fun learning this level 4 song!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... .html#song

michelew

Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:00 pm

TGNess,

Cooooool song. I love the syncopated feel.

You sound GREAT. Nothin' new there right!?! :kiss: . It's got a nice gutsy feeling in the singing too. Love it!

Train has some cool songs. I also really like.... [correction! Got my bands mixed up. Hehe! How unusual! :) :laugh: B) - idiot!]

Thanks for another cool song.

Love

Shel

neverfoundthetime

Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:26 am

Always liked this song so thanks for another cool lessen Ness! Surprisingly simple in the acoustic version... mind you, the guy can sing!

TGNesh

Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:58 am

:laugh: :laugh: Mixing up your bands??1 You?! :laugh: :P

Personally I knew the song vaguely, I got into it since it showed up on the recommend a lesson list. I really came to like it a lot. Much fun to sing and I guess the vocals fit me, which is usually the case with high male voices. :) I wouldn't have known how to describe it, 'gutsy feeling' in the singing, I do think that's the reason why i love to sing it.

And yes, also interesting enough to play on the guitar. I love that, 'simple' accompany arrangements with vocals on top of that. By myself, that's all I need and hope that anyone learning songs of lessons that I've done, feel the same way.

Anyway, thanks so much sweet friend, always love to hear from you!

:kiss: B)

michelew wrote:
TGNess,

Cooooool song. I love the syncopated feel.

You sound GREAT. Nothin' new there right!?! :kiss: . It's got a nice gutsy feeling in the singing too. Love it!

Train has some cool songs. I also really like.... [correction! Got my bands mixed up. Hehe! How unusual! :) :laugh: B) - idiot!]

Thanks for another cool song.

Love

Shel

TGNesh

Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:03 am

Hey Chris, thanks for dropping in! :)

Very glad you like the song and lesson. We should play it together! ;) In thruth, I wouldn't call the acoustic accompaniment 'simple' (I get your point though), it is in a way, but getting the little details and syncopated accents in there might be challenging enough to some. And that's what makes the accompaniment interesting and fun to play. And yes, for a male to sing.... :ohmy: :laugh: He's got some voice for sure!

Thanks again Chris!

Ness

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Always liked this song so thanks for another cool lessen Ness! Surprisingly simple in the acoustic version... mind you, the guy can sing!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic