>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - Spinoza's Dream - Dave Nachmanoff

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGKatherine

Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:03 pm

Hi everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live, Spinoza's Dream by Dave Nachmanoff.

Since American singer-songwriter Dave Nachmanoff also has a PhD in Philosophy, he had always wanted to do a philosophically-themed
album. His latest album, Spinoza’s Dream, released in May 2016, is the direct result of that wish.

In this lesson we take a look at the title track, which features a beautiful, yet relatively simple arrangement in the key of G. It’s done in
DADGAD tuning, where the guitar is capoed on the 5th fret.

It covers the chords, the progression, and shows some of Dave’s random flatpicking and strumming. Anyone tackling this song is
encouraged to aim for this type of randomness as well.

Enjoy this level 4 song!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... .html#song

michelew

Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:27 pm

TGNess,

This is a beautiful song of Dave's. And you make it very accessible.

Your playthrough sounds absolutely gorgeous. Wow!

Thanks for another wonderful lesson.

Shel

:kiss: :kiss:

neverfoundthetime

Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:57 pm

Great to see you do another of Dave's songs Ness. Another great job all round!

TGNesh

Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:59 am

You're absolutely right Shel, the song (it's not just me ;) ) is very accessible and doable. You just gotta have your flatpicking in good shape. But the chords and progression are really easy.

And i find it such a gorgeous song, pretty much my favorite, along with The Painter, of the album. I'm very glad you liked the play through, which was a one take play through. I was a little hoarse and not much time on my hands. Great to hear it came out well enough.

Many thanks sweet friend xoxo

TGNess B)

michelew wrote:
TGNess,

This is a beautiful song of Dave's. And you make it very accessible.

Your playthrough sounds absolutely gorgeous. Wow!

Thanks for another wonderful lesson.

Shel

:kiss: :kiss:

TGNesh

Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:02 am

Thank you very much Chris, sure glad to hear that!

And yeah, I think Dave's album deserves to be in the spotlight. He's such a great songwriter and musician. From the sound of it, I think Neil got one or two more up his sleeve as well.

Thanks again Chris!

Ness

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Great to see you do another of Dave's songs Ness. Another great job all round!

fjeanmur

Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:18 am

Hi Vanessa,

I also have to say I share in the excitement about this lesson. It's such a beautiful song that I might give it a go. It seems a logical progression--"The Only Living Boy . . ." dropped D to DADGAD. I have shied away from alternate turnings because I feel I have so much to learn in standard, but I may give it a go.

I saw Dave on Friday at the Al show in PA and I mentioned the lesson to him. He said, "Ah, the Vanessa lesson!" He seemed quite pleased.

Will take care and congratulactions on another great one!

TGNesh

Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:31 am

Hey Jean, thanks so much for dropping in here! I always love to hear/read some feedback and I'm very glad you're excited for this lesson. It sure is a beautiful song. And really, you'll be surprised how easily one can adjust to alternative tunings. And because of the tuning, the chordshapes are só easy. It just opens up a whole world of new possibilites and sounds, for not much more extra work. Just indeed, jump the hurdle, it's way lower than you think. :)

The 'Vanessa lesson' :laugh:! That sure is very nice to hear! I hope you had a great time seeing the show and meeting Dave again. From Chan's report it sounds like you did, awesome!

Thanks again Jean and let me know how it evolves for you. Don't hesitate to ask questions, here or through pm/messenger.

Ness

fjeanmur wrote:
Hi Vanessa,

I also have to say I share in the excitement about this lesson. It's such a beautiful song that I might give it a go. It seems a logical progression--"The Only Living Boy . . ." dropped D to DADGAD. I have shied away from alternate turnings because I feel I have so much to learn in standard, but I may give it a go.

I saw Dave on Friday at the Al show in PA and I mentioned the lesson to him. He said, "Ah, the Vanessa lesson!" He seemed quite pleased.

Will take care and congratulactions on another great one!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic