>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - Right Between The Eyes - Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGKatherine

Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:38 pm

Hi everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live, Right Between The Eyes by Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young.

Right Between The Eyes is a lovely little tune, written by Graham Nash, and released on CSN&Y’s 4 Way Street album. It was also
included on Nash’s 3-CD box ‘Reflections’, released in 2009.

This lesson covers the progression and arrangement in the key C, using basic open chords in first position only. It features a very
common descending bass line, and for that the bass notes need to be picked out individually. Aside from that, the song should be
easy enough for any one to tackle.

As a side note, in more recent years, Nash plays it with a slightly different feel, by somewhat flatpicking through the song and
capoing on either the 3rd or 4th fret. It is mentioned in the lesson, but not necessarily taught that way.

Enjoy this level 3 song!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... .html#song

wrsomers

Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:40 pm

Hi Ness,
Another home run blast from the past! Great lesson and play through, especially the interludes.

I used to sing this song starting in the fall of 1971 when I started hanging out with my wife's family and friends. This may have been one of the songs that won me her heart. We would gather in the living room at her sister's and brother in law's beach side cottage and sit on the floor gazing into candles (our version of a campfire) while I played and sang and we all passed around bottles of Boone's Farm Wine or Ripple (ugh) and smoked funny looking cigarettes.

Somewhere in the past on this forum (or in an email to you?) I related how I learned this song by playing the 4 Way Street album over and over trying to learn it. If you remember, Graham Nash introduced the song by saying "This is a song you have not heard" After playing that for the 100th time, my mother sarcastically said from the other room "oh I've heard it" :laugh: :laugh:

Anyway, thanks for another great lesson. Keep those 4 Way Street songs coming.

Bill

davidrfinn99165

Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:10 am

Great choice for a lesson thx Ness. I've always thought this song was a little pearl too, and maybe my favourite from 4 Way Street - in part because of the amusing spoken introduction haha.

/ david

wrsomers

Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:00 am

davidrfinn99165 wrote:
Great choice for a lesson thx Ness. I've always thought this song was a little pearl too, and maybe my favourite from 4 Way Street - in part because of the amusing spoken introduction haha.

/ david
Hey David,
Wanna play mumbley peg? :laugh: :laugh:

davidrfinn99165

Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:05 am

wrsomers wrote:
davidrfinn99165 wrote:

/ david
Hey David,
Wanna play mumbley peg? :laugh: :laugh:
haha exactly bill..... you'd be going home on the bus! :laugh: :laugh:

wrsomers

Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:31 am

You're a funny bloke! :P :silly: :laugh:

sandysue

Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:04 pm

Very pretty song Vanessa. I just love their harmony. Your voice sounded really pretty too Ness. :)

michelew

Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:22 pm

TGNess,

I've had a busy weekend so I'm just getting to this now.

It's amazing how good what sounds like a fairly straight forward song can be.

I know this isn't Totally Vocals, or even Totally Unreal Gorgeous Singing (TUGS - at the heartstrings), but you've totally blown me away again with your sweet and beautiful singing on this. I've already listened three times...

Love it.

Shel
:kiss:

TGNesh

Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:50 am

Hey Bill!

I sure recall that story, absolutely hilarious! :laugh: :P

I'm very glad to hit a home run blast from your past. :cheer: It sounds like special and fun times you had back then. It actually sounds exactly like a scenario of my parents. They'd play lots of music and would get together with friends and smoke, well in their case, little pipes. :laugh: B)

Many thanks for the stories and compliments!

Ness xo

wrsomers wrote:
Hi Ness,
Another home run blast from the past! Great lesson and play through, especially the interludes.

I used to sing this song starting in the fall of 1971 when I started hanging out with my wife's family and friends. This may have been one of the songs that won me her heart. We would gather in the living room at her sister's and brother in law's beach side cottage and sit on the floor gazing into candles (our version of a campfire) while I played and sang and we all passed around bottles of Boone's Farm Wine or Ripple (ugh) and smoked funny looking cigarettes.

Somewhere in the past on this forum (or in an email to you?) I related how I learned this song by playing the 4 Way Street album over and over trying to learn it. If you remember, Graham Nash introduced the song by saying "This is a song you have not heard" After playing that for the 100th time, my mother sarcastically said from the other room "oh I've heard it" :laugh: :laugh:

Anyway, thanks for another great lesson. Keep those 4 Way Street songs coming.

Bill

TGNesh

Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:59 am

Thank you very much David! I always thought the introduction was very funny too :laugh: Good to hear it's even your favorite from the 4 Way Street. I'm sure it'll be a very easy song for you too.

Thanks again David!

Ness

davidrfinn99165 wrote:

/ david

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic