>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - Don’t You (Forget About Me) - Simple Minds

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGKatherine

Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:12 pm

Hi everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live, Don’t You (Forget About Me) by Simple Minds.

Don’t You (Forget About Me) is a 1985 pop song performed and recorded by the Scottish rock band Simple Minds.

The song is best known for being played during the opening and closing credits of the movie ‘The Breakfast Club’ and became
a major hit in many countries around the world.

This lesson is entirely based on how the band performs it acoustically. It covers the progression, featuring five major chords,
including several different chord shapes.

The strumming could be either done at the speed of 8th’s or in double time and the challenge is to change between one and
the other throughout the whole song.

Another technique to use is dampening the strings in the verses. We also take a look at the little signature guitar fill in the
chorus.

Enjoy this level 4 song!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... .html#song

michelew

Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:16 am

OH...My...God.....how cool is THAT?!!!!

Brilliant! You make it sound AMAZING on the acoustic guitar, with just your incredible skills and fantastic voice.

La, la, la, la, laaa aaaa :) LOVE IT!!

So many cool things to learn in there.

:) you never disappoint Ness, even when we have to waaaaaait a few more daaaaays to see you unravel a cool song for us.

Cool!

Shel

:kiss: :kiss:

neverfoundthetime

Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:21 am

How cool? Very cool! Fabulous song that at first glance does not look like its going to translate to acoustic guitar too well, but Ness has done it... so that is pretty cool! :) Nice job!

crieniecat

Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:53 pm

Wooohaaa! Great lesson, Powersong!
Really very cool Vanessa B)

" Don't, don't, don't, don't!
Don't you... :)

thereshopeyet

Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:47 pm

Vanessa

Cool lesson, brilliant as usual.

:P

TGNesh

Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:01 pm

So cool is the word, not GREASE, but COOL! I can totally live with that! :cheer:

Loved to read your comments guys and girls! Very glad you all think it worked out on a single guitar.

Shel You always earn the title for the self appointed President of the Ness-fanclub :P :kiss: You're the absolute best! (I'm so relieved you're such a patient woman too, whaha! :laugh: :laugh: )

Chris I'm always very pleased to hear that 'I've done it'. :) I sure do my best for it. Many thanks my friend! xo

Corina: Hey you, no 'I don't forget about you' for sure ;) I'm glad you haven't either, it's been a while since you dropped in here. Thanks for the cheering!

Dermot Thank you very much Dermot, I take 'brilliant' any day, that's really generous. :) So who am I? That's a good question. :dry: :laugh:

TGNess B)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic