Newest Target Members Only Lesson - Fly On The Wall - Make You Feel My Love with Sandy

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGKatherine

Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:01 pm

Hi everyone,

We have a new Target members exclusive lesson for today, Make You Feel My Love with Sandy.

Sandy had been listening to Adele and loved her version of Bob Dylan’s Make You Feel My Love, from his 1997 album,
Time Out Of Mind. The versions are very similar with just one chord difference that we went over in the lesson.

Bob’s uses an augmented chord, which gave Sandy a new chord shape to work on. We also went over a way to play
some of the common ‘B’ chords in an open position, rather than barred.

A chord chart is included with the lesson which should be enough info for anyone watching this lesson to be able to
add the song to their repertoire.

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... .html#song

thereshopeyet

Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:07 pm

Hey Sandy

It's great to see another FOTW from You and Neil.

I'd be interested to see the chord chart too.
I think it's been overlooked.

Dermot

:)

familyman4

Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:43 pm

Hey Sandy, always love watching your FOTW lessons! Neil doesn't take it easy on you does he? B)

Dermot, to get to the chord chart, you need to be logged in and click on the hyperlink for the lesson. That will take you to Lesson #1 & Lesson #2. At the bottom is the chord chart like on all of TG lessons.

Good day!
Bart

TGNeil

Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:30 pm

familyman4 wrote:
Hey Sandy, always love watching your FOTW lessons! Neil doesn't take it easy on you does he? B)

Dermot, to get to the chord chart, you need to be logged in and click on the hyperlink for the lesson. That will take you to Lesson #1 & Lesson #2. At the bottom is the chord chart like on all of TG lessons.

Good day!
Bart
Hey Bart,
I am never hard on her, just always try to make students think, remember, and solve problems.

By the way, the attachment did go up a little late so it is likely it was not there when Dermot checked in.

Neil

michelew

Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:41 am

Sandy you've absolutely inspired me to learn his gorgeous song. Thank you.

Neil - nice hair cut and I really enjoyed the discussion about the placement of the barre. I knew that I often had to move my barre finger to get a better sound, but I assumed that experienced players like you didn't have as much of an issue as people like me. See you move your other fingers and leaving the barre where it was with the resulting thud was very illustrative. Thanks!

I've still got part two to go so I expect there will be even more to absorb.

Michele

sandysue

Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:31 pm

Hi everyone, I'm so glad for all of the interest everyone is showing in this beautiful song.

I occasionally hear Adele sing this song on video and I always think I would love to learn to play and sing it but it wasn't in Neil's 1000+ list of songs at TG, so I finally made a special lesson request for Neil to teach all of us how to play it. Of course Neil looked up Adele's version of this Bob Dylan song on the spot, and figured out the chord progression in about two minutes or less with all of those really pretty chords and running baseline. He has put the lyrics and chord chart up at TG for everyone.

Today we worked on the intro and an instrumental portion to be played between one the verses and the chorus. He's having me figure out the melody and create my own version of the instrumental with his guidance, because he wants us all to learn ear training and to improve our skills. Sometimes I have to fight the urge to beg him to fugure it out himself and just tell me what to do. :S

ps: thank you Dermot for posting both Bob Dylan and Adele recording their versions of this beautiful song. :)

Sandy

Craig

Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:54 am

Great job on this beautiful song Sandy!

Barry Flanagan of HAPA also does a pretty cool version of this song too.

Keep up the great work!

Craig

sandysue

Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:57 pm

Thank you Craig.

I wasn't able to find Barry Flanagan's video of this song, but I did find Garth Brooks version, which was also really nice. :)

Sandy

willem

Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:06 pm

Oh yeah,, that bass run..

Willem

PS,, tell Neil to keep his promise (out my name)

sandysue

Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:12 am

willem wrote:
Oh yeah,, that bass run..

Willem

PS,, tell Neil to keep his promise (out my name)
Hi Willem

Does Neil know what promise you're referring to? Is it a lesson you wanted on a certain song? Let us know and I will mention it to him. :) I miss hearing from you on the forum :S

Sandy

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic