>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - Morning Of My Life and New York Mining Disaster 1941 - Bee Gees

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGKatherine

Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:58 pm

Hi everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live, Morning Of My Life and New York Mining Disaster 1941 by the Bee Gees.

Morning Of My life is a song recorded by the British group the Bee Gees, who actually don’t need an introduction at all. They have written
all of their own hits and sold more than 220 million records worldwide, making them one of the best-selling music artists of all time.

Barry Gibb has been using Open D-Tuning ever since he learned it at the age of nine. We take a look at how to play the song in the key of G
in that particular tuning as well as standard tuning.

New York Mining Disaster 1941 is the Bee Gees’ American debut single and arranged in the same key and tuning. It uses the same chords
and shapes and should be easy to tackle as well.

Enjoy this level 4 song!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... .html#song

michelew

Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:12 pm

TGNess,

Ahhhh the Bee Gees niiiice. They definitely have some gorgeous songs. Open D, interesting and interesting that Barry plays most things in that tuning.

You sound gorgeous in your playthrough for both songs; really beautiful.

I'm curious as to whether you or most people on TG understand the line "swinging on the line". Well I assume that it's a childhood memory from when Barry and his brothers were growing up in Australia; they moved here in 1958 apparently. Like all Aussie kid, especially kids of that time and mine, I bet Barry liked to do this.

TGNesh

Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:39 pm

Hey you, my most supportive fan! :cheer:

I was actually really wondering about that 'swinging clothes' line, now I got it! :) I figured, it had to do with a line with clothes on, but.....huh? How? :dry: Well like in the picture obviously! :laugh:

I'm glad you like the addition of some Bee Gees in here. Gosh, it was about time too! :blink: How I wish I had a few vocalists to back me up here, but time got in the way. Great to hear you liked the play through anyway. B)

And Barry doesn't play most things in that tuning, he plays ALL things in that tuning. (or Open E-tuning) He has stated that he had learned it from a neighbour across the road, who had just come back from Hawaii. (Barry calls it a Hawaiian tuning) This guy taught it to him, so it started from there and he never changed it.

Anyway, I'm not quite done with the Bee Gees. ;)

Thanks so much Shel! xo

michelew wrote:
TGNess,

Ahhhh the Bee Gees niiiice. They definitely have some gorgeous songs. Open D, interesting and interesting that Barry plays most things in that tuning.

You sound gorgeous in your playthrough for both songs; really beautiful.

I'm curious as to whether you or most people on TG understand the line "swinging on the line". Well I assume that it's a childhood memory from when Barry and his brothers were growing up in Australia; they moved here in 1958 apparently. Like all Aussie kid, especially kids of that time and mine, I bet Barry liked to do this.

davidrfinn99165

Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:18 am

Great playthroughs Ness. I especially like the Mining Disaster..... i mean i wouldn't have liked to have been in the mine obviously... but I have always enjoyed the song and didn't realise it was in open tuning.

Looking forward to more Bee Gees in open D
/ david

TGNesh

Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:16 am

Many thanks David! The story behind Mining Disaster is no joke for sure :S ....indeed, a gorgeous song.

Maurice also plays guitar in that one, in standard tuning, which gives it an interesting blend with Barry's Open D.

I will cover a few more tunes soon and since Barry uses that tuning in every song, it's nice to add how he plays it to the lesson. Once you get your head around the most common chords and shapes, it's actually really easy. I could easily add 4/5 more songs. ;)

Thanks again David! xo

davidrfinn99165 wrote:
Great playthroughs Ness. I especially like the Mining Disaster..... i mean i wouldn't have liked to have been in the mine obviously... but I have always enjoyed the song and didn't realise it was in open tuning.

Looking forward to more Bee Gees in open D
/ david

neverfoundthetime

Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:15 pm

Saw a YT of Barry showing how easy it was to play in the open tuning somewhere..... nice one Ness! I like to play this one at times.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic