>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - Pride & Joy (Unplugged Version) - Stevie Ray Vaughan

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGKatherine

Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:08 pm

Hi everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live, Pride & Joy by Stevie Ray Vaughan.

This Stevie Ray Vaughan song is maybe one of the most famous blues shuffles ever written. Originally on electric guitar,
this version was performed for MTV’s Unplugged series in the late 80’s.

SRV played this tune by himself on a 12-string, but managed to capture the feel, rhythm, bass line and guitar licks all by
himself.

In this lesson you’ll learn the ins and outs of this amazing blues, as well as a note for note lesson on the solo. By learning
the way SRV played without a band, you get a unique glimpse into how he thought about the guitar as not just a lead
instrument, but as a whole orchestra of rhythm, guitar and bass rolled into one!

Enjoy this level 8 lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... .html#song

sbutler

Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:37 pm

Oh Max, Thank you.

2446 days ago, we voted for this. 6.7 years ago, and I've been patiently waiting.

This was worth the wait.

Scott

jayswett

Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:03 pm

This looks like another great lesson. Can't wait to get into this one.

TGNeil

Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:51 pm

sbutler wrote:
Oh Max, Thank you.

2446 days ago, we voted for this. 6.7 years ago, and I've been patiently waiting.

This was worth the wait.

Scott
Hey Scott,

I knew this was your request from many moons ago and so glad you found it on the first day. I had been trying to plan out this lesson but when Max came along, a few years ago, I knew this was more up his alley. I hope we see your progress on it soon, and your plans to join us at IGC 2017...???

Neil

sbutler

Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:45 am

TGNeil wrote:
sbutler wrote:
Oh Max, Thank you.

This was worth the wait.

Scott
Hey Scott,

I knew this was your request from many moons ago and so glad you found it on the first day. I had been trying to plan out this lesson but when Max came along, a few years ago, I knew this was more up his alley. I hope we see your progress on it soon, and your plans to join us at IGC 2017...???

Neil
in all fairness Neil, I wasn't close to ready for this song when it was requested. I was the guy who was always swinging for the fence, the first time at bat.( I started working on Classical Gas, the first week I was a member)
Im a little better now, just lack the practice time that I had back then. But I've been waiting for a project that excites me, and now this is qued up to the top of my list. Maybe I'll make more time to work on it.
The net is full of people, trying to teach this song, but none are in the same league as Max. This is the good stuff!

neverfoundthetime

Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:52 pm

Wow, what a song! And Max does a fantastic job. Level 8 eh? Hmmm, scary stuff for sure....on a 12 string?! That's gotta hurt! :-)
You will all probably be bemused to hear me say, I'm hearing it for the first time. :blush:
Great lesson!

Chris

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic