>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - I Started A Joke and To Love Somebody - Bee Gees

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGKatherine

Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:37 pm

Hi everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live, I Started A Joke and To Love Somebody by the Bee Gees.

I Started A Joke and To Love Somebody are two of the most well known songs written and recorded by the British group the Bee Gees.

This lesson takes a look at both songs in standard tuning as well as open D-Tuning, the latter being used by Barry Gibb throughout his whole guitar playing life.

It also shows how to incorporate the little bassline in the intro of I Started A Joke and the melodic fill in the intro of To Love Somebody.

Both songs are in guitar friendly keys, respectively G and A and consist of mostly open chords. They should be very playable in both tunings.

Enjoy this level 4 song!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

davidrfinn99165

Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:03 am

Great work on the playthrough Ness !!. I've always thought that 'I Started a Joke' in particular is a really tough vocal, but you showed how it is done.

michelew

Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:20 pm

TGNessa,

You've definitely chosen a couple of classic Bee Gees numbers. I've only watched your preview and .... gone straight to dessert of course and watched the playthrough so far. But I have no doubt that the mysteries of Open D will be further unravelled.

And gosh, you really do sound incredible in your playthroughs. You NEVER cease to touch me with your playing and your vocals in particular. "I Started A Joke" damn, you deliver that with great sensitivity; "To Love Somebody" really beautiful.

Even without harmonies you sound so wonderful. Well at my place ... Coco and I joined you of course. Well she was pretty quiet in truth, it was mostly me. :) but we both loved it.

Thanks sweet teacher for another couple of classics. Sorry to be late to the party again.

Love

Shel

wrsomers

Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:07 am

Hi Ness,
What can I say???? Another incredible lesson and performance. Your voice is always good, but these two songs are at the top of my list, along with "On The Way Home". Pure gold. Your timbre and vibrato...just outstanding! Thanks for everything!

Bill

TGNesh

Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:23 am

Oh yeah, I would agree, I Started A Joke has a few tough vocal parts, especially for males. Sure appreciate the compliments on that one!! :cheer:

Thank you very much David!

davidrfinn99165 wrote:
Great work on the playthrough Ness !!. I've always thought that 'I Started a Joke' in particular is a really tough vocal, but you showed how it is done.

TGNesh

Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:39 am

Hey my dear Shel!

And yóu never cease to make me réally happy with your generous comments! :kiss:

Yeah, a few harmonies would have been very nice, and I'm sure you and I and Coco sounded great, haha! :P

I have always really liked I Started A Joke in particular. I remember as a young teenager grabbing a cassette which was on sale on the counter of a grocery shop, which had all those old classics, including this one. I just immediately fell in love with all those songs. I'm still bummed that I can't find that tape anymore. It also had Kiss And Say Goodbye on it, I'm still wondering how to arrange that one. :dry: Although i've played it on many occasions throughout my life, same as To Love Somebody.

Well, quite a nice road down memory lane ;) I'm still not done yet, but might save it for later next year.

Thanks so much sweet friend! xo

michelew wrote:
TGNessa,

You've definitely chosen a couple of classic Bee Gees numbers. I've only watched your preview and .... gone straight to dessert of course and watched the playthrough so far. But I have no doubt that the mysteries of Open D will be further unravelled.

And gosh, you really do sound incredible in your playthroughs. You NEVER cease to touch me with your playing and your vocals in particular. "I Started A Joke" damn, you deliver that with great sensitivity; "To Love Somebody" really beautiful.

Even without harmonies you sound so wonderful. Well at my place ... Coco and I joined you of course. Well she was pretty quiet in truth, it was mostly me. :) but we both loved it.

Thanks sweet teacher for another couple of classics. Sorry to be late to the party again.

Love

Shel

TGNesh

Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:42 am

:blush: Gosh....what can í say??! :ohmy:

Everything I write down now sounds.....hollow or something.

You know what, I'll just give you a big hug instead!!! ;) :kiss:

xoxo

wrsomers wrote:
Hi Ness,
What can I say???? Another incredible lesson and performance. Your voice is always good, but these two songs are at the top of my list, along with "On The Way Home". Pure gold. Your timbre and vibrato...just outstanding! Thanks for everything!

Bill

wrsomers

Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:20 am

TGVanessa wrote:
:blush: Gosh....what can í say??! :ohmy:

Everything I write down now sounds.....hollow or something.

You know what, I'll just give you a big hug instead!!! ;) :kiss:

xoxo

wrsomers wrote:
Hi Ness,

Bill
Back at ya!!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic