>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - Guitar Tango - The Shadows

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGKatherine

Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:00 pm

Hi everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live, Guitar Tango by The Shadows.

Guitar Tango is an instrumental song recorded by the British band The Shadows. It is included on their compilation
album, '20 Golden Greats', released in 1977.

This lesson covers both the lead guitar and rhythm guitar parts. Each part has a few or several challenges for both
hands.

For the rhythm guitar part, one needs to be able to play barre chords and strum relatively fast triplets. The lead guitar
part requires fast flatpicking and quite a bit of speed for the fretting hand.

The melody is filled with triplets in both eighth and quarter notes. For that it is absolutely necessary for anyone tackling
this song to know the song really well and to clearly 'hear and feel' the melody against the beats.

Click on the "Audio Version" link and on the "Album Review" Video Box for the backing tracks to practice along with.

Enjoy this level 7 song!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... .html#song

neverfoundthetime

Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:43 am

This is great Vanessa... and right now you are here and I am getting a live show and tell on this great instrumental :laugh:

michelew

Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:21 am

OK TGNess, I have a confession to make. I don't know this song. My excuse... I live under a rock of course. :)

But I can absolutely see why you love it.

I loved your playthrough and all the different types of expression you've put into your playing; all the vibrato for example. The syncopation is very cool. Actually, expression in your body adds to your performance too - love it.

I think this one is out of my league without a lot of work. But I have no doubt that you've gone into tremendous detail as you always do. 9 parts... wow!

Thanks for introducing me to another cool song (that of course I really should have known already). :)

Very majestic performance.

Love it

Shel

neverfoundthetime

Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:40 am

Its not a rock you are living under Shel, you are just 10 years too young and living on the other side of the planet! This was one of my favourite tunes as a child, listened to it all the time way back in the early 60's. :laugh:

michelew

Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:58 am

Well Ness is younger than me of course. But I'll take it. :) thanks pal. :)

thereshopeyet

Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:34 pm

Vanessa

Happy 2017 :cheer:

Nicely played what a great lesson.
Thanks for putting the lesson together.

You blew my shadows :dry: hat off !

Dermot

:)

TGNesh

Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:00 am

Thanks Chris! And yep, it's actually already more than a week ago that i got to Swiss to play live and tell in person, time flies! :S :)

neverfoundthetime wrote:
This is great Vanessa... and right now you are here and I am getting a live show and tell on this great instrumental :laugh:

TGNesh

Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:01 am

Oh my goodness woman, under a rock again???! :laugh: :laugh: Well you sure missed out, bút at least now you know it. ;)

This is pretty much one of the few instrumentals that I like to play. I guess you can tell from my bodylanguage. Triplets are SO cool! I do love the techniques involved with playing such a piece, it brings me back to my classical guitar roots.

Funny enough I've known the songs since childhood, but i never tried to play it, until now, which is simply the best part of recording lessons for TG. It takes me back to all the songs that i never have gotten to properly.

In any way, thanks so much for another generous comment Shel! xo (majestic, that's a very cool adjective :cheer: )

TGNess B)

michelew wrote:
OK TGNess, I have a confession to make. I don't know this song. My excuse... I live under a rock of course. :)

But I can absolutely see why you love it.

I loved your playthrough and all the different types of expression you've put into your playing; all the vibrato for example. The syncopation is very cool. Actually, expression in your body adds to your performance too - love it.

I think this one is out of my league without a lot of work. But I have no doubt that you've gone into tremendous detail as you always do. 9 parts... wow!

Thanks for introducing me to another cool song (that of course I really should have known already). :)

Very majestic performance.

Love it

Shel

TGNesh

Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:02 am

:laugh: :laugh: You're too funny!

Great to hear you like the lesson and all the best to you!!

Ness

thereshopeyet wrote:
Vanessa

Happy 2017 :cheer:

Nicely played what a great lesson.
Thanks for putting the lesson together.

You blew my shadows :dry: hat off !

Dermot

:)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic