>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - Somewhere Only We Know - Keane

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGKatherine

Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:19 pm

Hi everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live, Somewhere Only We Know by Keane.

Keane are an English alternative rock band, formed in 1995. They are known for using a piano or a synth as the lead instrument
instead of guitars, differentiating them from most other rock bands.

‘Somewhere Only We Know’ is the first track of their very successful debut album ‘Hopes And Fears’, released in 2004.

The arrangement on the guitar is done in the key of G, capoed on the second fret, as vocalist Tom Chaplin and guitar player Jesse
Quin do. It uses all the chords in the key except for chord VII.

Both of them keep it very simple, but this lesson shows how to color a few of those chords as piano player Tim Rice-Oxley does.

The strumming is relatively easy and should be done in double time. It needs to be driving, steady and consistent.

Enjoy this level 4 song!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... .html#song

michelew

Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:46 pm

TGNess,

Thanks for translating another primarily piano-powered song to the guitar. Keane has some really beautiful songs and this is definitely one of my favourite of theirs. I really like the whole album actually.

The colourful chords are nice and I enjoyed the way you talk through chord construction too. Then there's the emphasise of course. Really nice feeling

Lots of detail aws always. Fab!

Your playthrough is great and I love the dynamics that you've included, it really does enhance the feeling and builds it.

Thanks for another cool song lesson.

Love your work.

Shel

:kiss:

TGNesh

Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:10 am

Thanks so much sweet friend! :cheer:

Like you I love the whole album, I could easily add quite a few more. But I'll likely get to maybe two more. Still trying to figure out an arrangement for Bedshaped, just not sure if it would be worth it. It would definitely raise the level more than a few notches. We'll see.

I do think adding some color to the chords as the piano player does all over the place is very nice. You do hear his playing somewhat then. So I didn't talk too much??!!! :laugh: :S :P

And yep, in general it's all about dynamics and details, at least in my opinion. I really want to go for the feel of the song, so I hope I've captured that. I'm of course very glad that you liked the play through. :)

Many thanks again Shel, a hug right back at ya! xo

Ness

michelew wrote:
TGNess,

Thanks for translating another primarily piano-powered song to the guitar. Keane has some really beautiful songs and this is definitely one of my favourite of theirs. I really like the whole album actually.

The colourful chords are nice and I enjoyed the way you talk through chord construction too. Then there's the emphasise of course. Really nice feeling

Lots of detail aws always. Fab!

Your playthrough is great and I love the dynamics that you've included, it really does enhance the feeling and builds it.

Thanks for another cool song lesson.

Love your work.

Shel

:kiss:

crieniecat

Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:25 am

Ness, thnx so much for making a lesson on this wonderful song.
~As you know it's been one of my favourites for a long long time :P

Love it when lyrics and music fall together and can touch someone on a beautiful level. Music can do that.
Another great lesson from your hand Ness, that goes straight into the immense popular library of TG.

Thnx :kiss:
Corina.

TGNesh

Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:34 am

It was absolutely about time that i got into it. Hopes & Fears is such a great album!

The library is huge nowadays :blink: and still there are a lot of awesome artists and bands missing. Well I'm working on it. ;)

Thanks so much honey, big hug to you too! :) xo

Ness

crieniecat wrote:
Ness, thnx so much for making a lesson on this wonderful song.
~As you know it's been one of my favourites for a long long time :P

Love it when lyrics and music fall together and can touch someone on a beautiful level. Music can do that.
Another great lesson from your hand Ness, that goes straight into the immense popular library of TG.

Thnx :kiss:
Corina.

neverfoundthetime

Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:34 pm

Another nice lesson Ness, this time on a song and band I have never heard of. Nice!

TGNesh

Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:07 pm

Thanks Chris!

I thought Shel had been living under a rock sometimes, but i found someone else who has as well!! :laugh: :laugh: :P

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Another nice lesson Ness, this time on a song and band I have never heard of. Nice!

familyman4

Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:36 pm

I've been hiding under that same rock as well. Never heard the song nor the band before. But I loved his voice and their overall sound.

Might not be a song that I learn right away, just because the list is so long and my time is so short, but it is a good one for sure!

Thanks...
Bart

spinland

Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:03 pm

I'll jump on the rock—er, bandwagon. Not an artist or song I'd heard of until now. I like. Lots. :side:

TGNesh

Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:43 pm

Oh my goodness, guys!!!! Whére have you been???! :ohmy: :P :laugh:

Thanks Bart and Mark, glad you enjoyed the song anyway! :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic