>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - Everybody’s Changing - Keane

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGKatherine

Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:30 pm

Hi everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live, Everybody’s Changing by Keane.

Everybody’s Changing is a song by English alternative rock band Keane. It was released as the second
single from their highly successful 2004 debut album, ‘Hopes And Fears’.

This lesson covers the chords, the strumming in double time, the progression, and how to incorporate
the main piano riff as performed by Keane’s pianist Tim Rice-Oxley.

The arrangement is in the key of C, using the three major and the three minor chords, with one chord
out of the key.

Enjoy this level 4 song!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... .html#song

michelew

Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:54 pm

TGNess,

Another beautiful song from Keane. Thank you.

Short and sweet you say. :) OMG five parts, well that's a start towards short and sweet. All up... you're still giving us a very detailed explanation of how to play various aspects of the song so we can capture important nuances. Short and sweet is still approaching an hour of expert tuition. We're lucky, lucky students indeed.

I enjoyed your playthrough immensely. And I really like the way you show how to replicate the most important aspects of the piano, without losing the important role that the drum and bass play on the original and without over complicating the strumming. Great advice. Ive only watching the first two parts so far. I'm sure there's even more to guide us in here.

Thanks Teach!

:kiss:

neverfoundthetime

Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:58 pm

Where's the thumbs up button? :laugh:
This one I do know.... cool song to learn.

tombo1230

Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:27 am

This is my favourite Keane song. I just watched the playthrough, juuuuuuuuuuust lovely :)
In all honesty you come up with some great songs on such a regular basis that
I shouldn't be at all surprised. This is yet another and has jumped to the top of my list to learn.

As Michelle has said......we are just so lucky you are on staff here and I second that wholeheartedly,
you are a real talent! Thanks for another great song, I probably haven't said that enough over the years. :)
so I just did. ;) :)

Cheers,

Tom.

crieniecat

Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:51 am

Yeah... glad to see some Keane songs at TG! This album is so good :P
Ness, as you know I'm still waiting for the other song of them... you know the one, yeah... that one... you know... I won't spoil it B)
Together with " Somewhere only we know" two of my favorite Keane songs ;)

TGNesh

Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:06 pm

Thanks so much Shel, for all the feedback provided in your, as ever, more than generous comment!! :cheer:

Everything that you mention is exactly what I was aiming for. The general feel of a song, especially since I'm playing by myself. (Some things are so much easier when you have other instruments involved!) I'm so glad that it works well enough.

Five parts, yeah I guess it is still full of info, but compared to tomorrow's lesson (9 parts :blink: ), indeed short and sweet. ;) And it always makes me réally happy when you enjoy the play through :) , thank you my sweet friend! xo

TGNess B)

michelew wrote:
TGNess,

Another beautiful song from Keane. Thank you.

Short and sweet you say. :) OMG five parts, well that's a start towards short and sweet. All up... you're still giving us a very detailed explanation of how to play various aspects of the song so we can capture important nuances. Short and sweet is still approaching an hour of expert tuition. We're lucky, lucky students indeed.

I enjoyed your playthrough immensely. And I really like the way you show how to replicate the most important aspects of the piano, without losing the important role that the drum and bass play on the original and without over complicating the strumming. Great advice. Ive only watching the first two parts so far. I'm sure there's even more to guide us in here.

Thanks Teach!

:kiss:

TGNesh

Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:07 pm

Ah, so you do know them??!! You better! :laugh:

Many thanks for the invisible thumbs up Chris!! ;)

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Where's the thumbs up button? :laugh:
This one I do know.... cool song to learn.

TGNesh

Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:12 pm

Well Tom, you sure made my day with your comment!!! :blush: :cheer: B) :)

I absolutely appreciate it, thanks so much for tuning in and for the major ego-boost on my part. It was uplifting for sure.

Wish I could give you a hug for real! ;)

Ness

tombo1230 wrote:
This is my favourite Keane song. I just watched the playthrough, juuuuuuuuuuust lovely :)
In all honesty you come up with some great songs on such a regular basis that
I shouldn't be at all surprised. This is yet another and has jumped to the top of my list to learn.

As Michelle has said......we are just so lucky you are on staff here and I second that wholeheartedly,
you are a real talent! Thanks for another great song, I probably haven't said that enough over the years. :)
so I just did. ;) :)

Cheers,

Tom.

TGNesh

Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:17 pm

Oh yeah, the album is fantastic! I could easily add some more and more....but...

But indeed, after a couple I need to move on :dry: . Still not without.....well you read my mind easily. ;) So, just one last one, tomorrow, my favorite actually.

crieniecat wrote:
Yeah... glad to see some Keane songs at TG! This album is so good :P
Ness, as you know I'm still waiting for the other song of them... you know the one, yeah... that one... you know... I won't spoil it B)
Together with " Somewhere only we know" two of my favorite Keane songs ;)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic