>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - Bedshaped - Keane

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
spinland

Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:53 pm

crieniecat wrote:
....Yet, what do I know? I know...
Coming from someone battling clinical depression, I would venture to say you know—or intuit—quite a lot. ;)

crieniecat

Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:52 pm

spinland wrote:
crieniecat wrote:
....Yet, what do I know? I know...
Coming from someone battling clinical depression, I would venture to say you know—or intuit—quite a lot. ;)

Let's say life has taught me to use my intuit skills, ....a lot... ;)

TGNesh

Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:53 pm

Bart: Hey my friend, so good to hear from you, as always! And yes, you guessed right, I've added some reverb to the play through. I'm glad that it's not too obvious, since you hadn't noticed before. (I've been adding it for quite some time now) It does make the recording/sound prettier.
Also, i never really got the lyrics either, even though I've played the song ever since it came out. (2004) It's only now, when doing some research that i learned about it. In any way, thanks so much for your ever kind comments!

Corina: Yes, an absolute gorgeous song of Keane! I love the whole album actually, but this one is pretty much my favorite. It's just so intense and gorgeous. I'm really glad that I was finally able to work out an arrangement for it. And uh.....yes, I hear your WOW loud and clear, thank you!!!!! :cheer: B) See you Saturday (trying again), I'll be counting on the smiles, wine and snacks! ;) xo

Dean: Coincedently I thought of you the day before the lesson was released (as in, 'where is Dean?', 'Is he still around?'). You're from the UK, so I assumed you would know them. I was of course curious too, so as you can imagine, pretty thrilled that you like it and to read such a generous response, thank you very much! (I would also love to hear you play it!! I think you would do a great job too.)

Mark: Many thanks Mark! :cheer: I take another 'wow' any day! ;)

Michele: :blush: :cheer: B) You always make it so worthwhile Shel. Well everybody did for this particular lesson. It sure wasn't easy to record. (a sore throat sure doesn't help either... :angry: ) I so wish that I could just play and sing and feel the song when recording, instead of thinking about all the details that I've taught in the lesson and making sure that it's all in there. This one is clearly an emotional song, but instead of just singing it, I'm way too occupied with the playing. :S My point, I'm so glad that it still came out okay enough. Well your comment should reassure me for sure. :) You're the best and the sweetest!! Big hug to you my friend. xo

Bill: And you Bill, shower me with such a kind comment as well :) :) 'Knocked it out of the park', I'm so pleased you think so. I sure did my best. Your interpretation of the lyrics is quite interesting. Corina had a nice one too. But 'what do we know'! ;) :laugh: :laugh: Thanks so much! xo

I wasn't exaggerating when I said that you've all made my day. It sure gave me a much needed boost. Many thanks for that!

TGNess B)

dtaylor

Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:42 pm

Ness, I can't stop playing the intro in a loop, it's so beautiful and so satisfying to play. I think it's a measure of how well a piece has been arranged that it sits easily under the fingers and you did such a wonderful job on this song that it's no effort to remember the arrangement and I was soon just enjoying playing the melody.

I have not been around much as I had stopped playing for lack of inspiration, but it's lessons like yours that make me want to pick the guitar up again. I can say that you're my muse! I would love to be able to sing this but I don't think I could do it justice like your enchanting rendition; it's just wonderful, I've listened to your play through many times just for the enjoyment of seeing a master at her best. Thank you again for your amazing work.

TGNesh

Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:56 am

Wow......you sure made another day for me...!! I can't even do your comment justice. They're so generous in every way and I appreciate it more than you know.

Like you i couldn't stop playing the intro in a loop as well. In the beginning to practice obviously, and after that, also because it's just só nice to play, which is the reason why I always loved to play it on a piano. Simply a gorgeous melodic intro. So I'm really happy that i found a way to make it work on the guitar. Like i said before, I'm really thrilled that you feel the same way. It sure adds to my confidence too. ('What do I know?' ;) )

And it's awesome to be part of inspiring you to pick up the guitar again, indeed, I couldnt' be happier. Many thanks again Dean!

Ness

dtaylor wrote:
Ness, I can't stop playing the intro in a loop, it's so beautiful and so satisfying to play. I think it's a measure of how well a piece has been arranged that it sits easily under the fingers and you did such a wonderful job on this song that it's no effort to remember the arrangement and I was soon just enjoying playing the melody.

I have not been around much as I had stopped playing for lack of inspiration, but it's lessons like yours that make me want to pick the guitar up again. I can say that you're my muse! I would love to be able to sing this but I don't think I could do it justice like your enchanting rendition; it's just wonderful, I've listened to your play through many times just for the enjoyment of seeing a master at her best. Thank you again for your amazing work.

tombo1230

Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:43 am

This is a really terrific tune and you have cleverly arranged it for the guitar, superb job again.

Great performance. :)

Tom N.

TGNesh

Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:06 am

That's awesome to hear Tom!! I would agree, the song is fantastic and it was really hard to arrange it for guitar. In thruth, I didn't think i would find a way. And then all of a sudden it hit me at one point and this is how it came out. Really glad you like it!

Many thanks Tom! :cheer:

Ness

tombo1230 wrote:
This is a really terrific tune and you have cleverly arranged it for the guitar, superb job again.

Great performance. :)

Tom N.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic