>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - The Lady In Red - Chris de Burgh

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGKatherine

Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:16 pm

Hi everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live, The Lady In Red by Chris de Burgh.

Chris de Burgh is a British-Irish singer-songwriter and instrumentalist. He is most famous for his 1986 love song
‘The Lady In Red’, which became a massive hit in many countries.

This lesson shows how to play that particular song in the key of G, where the guitar is capoed on the 3rd fret to
put it in the key of Bb as performed on the original recording.

The arrangement is very straight forward and uses six basic open chords only. The strumming should be done
gently and in double time.

There are a few chords with a bass note other than the root and it’s nice to pick them out individually.

Enjoy this level 3 song!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... .html#song

neverfoundthetime

Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:56 pm

Nice Ness! I think I got it on the play through alone.... will try it out when I get a mo. :-)

davidrfinn99165

Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:46 am

Thx for this lesson Ness....... over here Chris De Burgh is regarded as the height of un-cool haha, but i've always had a soft spot for this one and some of his earlier songs.

Back in the day (mid-70s) i saw him in concert on a triple bill with Supertramp and a film of Tubular Bells (we didn't have music vids at the time)...heady days !!

/ david

spinland

Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:37 am

Nice! This song brings back some memories. Must add it to my (ever-growing) list, thanks for creating this!

Mark

TGNesh

Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:10 am

Thanks Chris! Love to hear about it when you get to it. :)

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Nice Ness! I think I got it on the play through alone.... will try it out when I get a mo. :-)

TGNesh

Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:13 am

He is?? :laugh:

In thruth, I wouldn't have a clue. I've only known this song since it came out. And the romantic in me just loves it, it makes me smile and reminds me how beautiful and intense the state of 'in love' can be. ;)

Thanks David!

davidrfinn99165 wrote:
Thx for this lesson Ness....... over here Chris De Burgh is regarded as the height of un-cool haha, but i've always had a soft spot for this one and some of his earlier songs.

Back in the day (mid-70s) i saw him in concert on a triple bill with Supertramp and a film of Tubular Bells (we didn't have music vids at the time)...heady days !!

/ david

TGNesh

Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:16 am

I always love to add to this road down memory lane. ;)

Actually, it'd be a great song for you Mark. Only basic open chords, some simple strumming, should be very doable. I'd say try it out. :) And there is enough room for taking the key down, if it's too high to sing.

Thanks for tuning in Mark!

Ness

spinland wrote:
Nice! This song brings back some memories. Must add it to my (ever-growing) list, thanks for creating this!

Mark

spinland

Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:18 am

TGVanessa wrote:
... if it's too high to sing.
Challenge accepted. :silly:

TGNesh

Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:55 am

Awesome!! :cheer:

spinland wrote:
TGVanessa wrote:
... if it's too high to sing.
Challenge accepted. :silly:

michelew

Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:42 pm

TGNess,

Well your gorgeous and so very touching playthrough proves that the power of the performance has absolutely nothing to do with the level of difficulty of the song. You demonstrate yet again that it's all about your connection with the meaning of the song. For guitar and specifically this song, you teach us very effectively that it's about the sensitivity of your playing and how you vary that.

Yes it is an extremely romantic song made all the more so by your heartfelt delivery.

Thanks for sharing the secrets of your magic with us yet again.
:kiss:

Shel

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic