>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - Angels - Robbie Williams

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGKatherine

Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:18 pm

Hi everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live, Angels by Robbie Williams.

Robbie Williams is an English singer-songwriter, who became a huge popstar in Europe and Latin America, after
leaving the immensely popular boy band Take That.

Angels, a beautiful piano ballad from his 1997 solo debut album, ‘Life Thru A Lens’, certainly launched his solo
career and became his biggest selling single.

This lesson covers the strumming, the chords, the progression and a few little fills in three different keys.

It starts with the key of E, as performed on the original recording. Then we move onto the key of D, which is easier
and might be vocally more doable for male singers.

Lastly, we take a look at the key of G for female vocalists, who in general sing higher. The latter is definitely the
easiest to play.

Enjoy this level 4 song!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... .html#song

thereshopeyet

Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:17 pm

Hey Vanessa

Your very angelic :dry: today.
I think you've dropped a feather !
Everybody's so quiet, I heard it hit the ground !

Dermot

:ohmy:

Do you plan to do The Road To Mandalay

TGNesh

Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:35 pm

:laugh: :laugh: Oh yeah, so very angelic! B) I think Angels is the most requested song for funerals. :blink:

The Road To Mandalay, awesome song!! In thruth, I'm a huge RW-fan :) . I in particular LOVE his first seven albums. So if it was up to me.....well, I would get to a LOT, but......

Funny enough, he never made it big in the States, which is weird to me. :dry: Especially since he was such a mega popstar here in Europe. He is actually the best selling British solo artist in the UK. I'd say they're missing out on the other side of the pond, the northern part though. He is also the biggest selling non latino-artist in Latin America.

In short, I think I can 'sell' Angels, but not really his more obscure songs. They are the best though.

Oh well....thanks Dermot!

TGNess B)

thereshopeyet wrote:
Hey Vanessa

Your very angelic :dry: today.
I think you've dropped a feather !
Everybody's so quiet, I heard it hit the ground !

Dermot

:ohmy:

Do you plan to do The Road To Mandalay

neverfoundthetime

Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:09 pm

Yummy! :)

TGNesh

Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:50 pm

Great!! :cheer:

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Yummy! :)

dtaylor

Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:27 am

Thanks Ness, another Euro-centric choice, you're spoiling us Brit-pop lovers!

spinland

Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:46 am

dtaylor wrote:
I TOTALLY LOVE all this exposure I'm getting to new music (especially non-US-centric stuff). I'd not heard of him before this thread—that's not odd for me, as I'm a "dinosaur" musically and have been skeptical of most anything not at least 30 years seasoned and not from an artist I already know and trust.

Time to kick that attitude and expand my horizon! :woohoo:

TGNesh

Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:29 am

Yes, I'm very aware of it! :laugh: In thruth, I kinda count on the European TG-members to back me up on those choices ;). So many thanks for tuning in again Dean, very glad you appreciate it!

dtaylor wrote:

TGNesh

Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:52 am

That's TOTALLY GREAT to hear Mark! :cheer: B)

Like I mentioned to Dean, I'm very aware of my sometimes Euro-centric choices, so I'm always really glad when it's appreciated elsewhere, like in the States. ;)

RW has somewhat a bad boy reputation, but even if you don't like him, I don't think anyone can argue the fact that he's a born entertainer (in several genres btw, like jazz and swing and really knows how to put on a fantastic show. In Knebworth (the live concert in the video included on top of this thread), he attracted a total of 375.000 fans over a period of three days, and became the biggest music event in British history.

Well as you probably can tell, I'm a huge RW-fan ever since he started his solo career. :) And Angels always gives me the shivers, such an awesome song.

Many thanks Mark!

spinland wrote:
dtaylor wrote:
I TOTALLY LOVE all this exposure I'm getting to new music (especially non-US-centric stuff). I'd not heard of him before this thread—that's not odd for me, as I'm a "dinosaur" musically and have been skeptical of most anything not at least 30 years seasoned and not from an artist I already know and trust.

Time to kick that attitude and expand my horizon! :woohoo:

michelew

Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:51 pm

TGNess,

Robbie did make it in OZ too. But as you know I've really only come to appreciate him and his music because you opened my ears to him. I love this song.

You've done it again. You puzzled out this piano driven song and made it available to us to play on a solo guitar. I love the way you've kept most of it fairly straightforward but also incorporated some of the important melodic phrases that the piano is doing.

Thank you for thinking of all of the vocal ranges in the TG community. Key of G (perhaps higher) for me. Three keys, you really do spoil us.

I haven't watched the lesson yet. But your playthrough is wonderful. Your playing really captures the feeling and your vocals are really stirring as always. I find it incredible for a number of reasons. I know you've been battling a cold the last couple of weeks; but that's not evident in your vocals. And the original is in part stirring because of the orchestration; the strings, electric guitar and the range of instruments on there. But you achieve the some level of feeling with just you and a single guitar. Awesome.

Thanks sweet woman. Magic.

Shel :kiss:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic