>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - Have You Ever - Brandi Carlile

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGKatherine

Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:47 pm

Hi everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live, Have You Ever by Brandi Carlile.

Have You Ever is a lovely tune by American singer-songwriter Brandi Carlile. It’s taken from her second studio
album ‘The Story’, released in 2007.

It features an uptempo, travis style picking pattern, and four basic chords in the key of G, where the guitar is
capoed on the 2nd fret.

We take a look at the progression, and include a segment where we slow it down and gradually built up the
tempo.

Enjoy this level 4 song!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

michelew

Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:50 pm

TGNess,

Hey I know that song! :) I'm sure I've heard it before. :silly: It really is a wonderful song and lots of fun to play. It absolutely deserves to be in the library.

Good one Ness! :)

Shel

:kiss:

Edit - I've now watched most of the segments. Your ability to break things down to make them accessible is just incredible; for example how you slow down and break down the picking patterns into stages so people can become used to it step by step. Brilliant!

Your "slow it down speed it up" segment is very cool. That's definitely the hardest part about playing this song, getting it up to speed; well getting it up to speed and then singing it actually. :) :silly:

BTW - you've shown me a couple of ways to make moving between the chords more efficient. For example, I think I've been using a full and normal Em. It's definitely easier doing it your suggested way. Thanks Ness. Champion!

M

thereshopeyet

Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:06 pm

Vanessa

Nice !
Have you practiced Torture :dry: ?

:laugh: :laugh:

jayswett

Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:54 pm

Thanks for this lesson. Just getting back from vacation, so am just seeing this now. Can't wait to have a look later tonight. Great song.

TGNesh

Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:55 am

Hey Shel, I figured you've heard this one before! :laugh: The TTZ t-shirt certainly wasn't a coincedence, kinda of a tribute to you guys + special guest.

And since I wasn't really able to sing, I thought doing a lesson of this song would give me an excuse to not provide a play through, since you already had done so. ;)

Awesome to hear your feedback on the several segments! Amazing how such 'easy' songs with 'easy' chords still provide valueable information for the ones who have been playing for a while already. Cool!

Many thanks Shel, and thanks for the inspiration! xo (I had been meaning to get to it a few years ago, but simply forgot about it. )

michelew wrote:
TGNess,

Hey I know that song! :) I'm sure I've heard it before. :silly: It really is a wonderful song and lots of fun to play. It absolutely deserves to be in the library.

Good one Ness! :)

Shel

Edit - I've now watched most of the segments. Your ability to break things down to make them accessible is just incredible; for example how you slow down and break down the picking patterns into stages so people can become used to it step by step. Brilliant!

Your "slow it down speed it up" segment is very cool. That's definitely the hardest part about playing this song, getting it up to speed; well getting it up to speed and then singing it actually. :) :silly:

BTW - you've shown me a couple of ways to make moving between the chords more efficient. For example, I think I've been using a full and normal Em. It's definitely easier doing it your suggested way. Thanks Ness. Champion!

M

TGNesh

Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:56 am

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:P :cheer:

thereshopeyet wrote:
Vanessa

Nice !
Have you practiced Torture :dry: ?

:laugh: :laugh:

TGNesh

Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:57 am

Great to hear from you Jay, am very happy that you're excited about this one, cool!

Ness

jayswett wrote:
Thanks for this lesson. Just getting back from vacation, so am just seeing this now. Can't wait to have a look later tonight. Great song.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic