>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - You Needed Me - Anne Murray

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGKatherine

Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:38 pm

Hi everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live, You Needed Me by Anne Murray.

You Needed Me is a beautiful love song written by American songwriter, pianist and producer Randy Goodrum.

It was a number one hit single in many countries, including the US, in 1978 for Canadian singer Anne Murray,
for which she won a Grammy Award, the first to be awarded to a Canadian artist.

This lesson is partly based on her version and covers a fingerpicking arrangement in the key of G, where the
guitar is capoed on the 2nd fret.

It features a relatively easy fingerpicking pattern, including some variations, and mostly basic open chords in
first position. There are also several chords with bass notes other than the root.

Enjoy this level 4 song!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

familyman4

Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:01 pm

Too funny Vanessa,

For some strange reason, I learned this song a couple of weeks ago in the key of "A". Which as we both know is the same key you are playing in with the capo on the second fret. I didn't have any reason to learn it except for that it was stuck in my head and I couldn't get it out of my mind. Anyway, I like your version a lot, played in G. Kind of a "sappy" song for me to play very often but I can certainly remember Ann Murray performing this song on many TV shows back when I was a kid. My opinion is that it is written for a lady to sing & ladies voice. And you perform it very well!

Thanks for the lesson and for sharing your extreme talent with us!
Bart

sandysue

Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:40 pm

That's a really pretty song Vanessa, great choice :)

Sandy

sandysue

Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:43 pm

familyman4 wrote:
Too funny Vanessa,

For some strange reason, I learned this song a couple of weeks ago in the key of "A". Which as we both know is the same key you are playing in with the capo on the second fret. I didn't have any reason to learn it except for that it was stuck in my head and I couldn't get it out of my mind. Anyway, I like your version a lot, played in G. Kind of a "sappy" song for me to play very often but I can certainly remember Ann Murray performing this song on many TV shows back when I was a kid. My opinion is that it is written for a lady to sing & ladies voice. And you perform it very well!

Thanks for the lesson and for sharing your extreme talent with us!
Bart
That's so funny Bart I just messaged you to ask you if you knew this song because I thought we might collaborate on it and then I came to the TG site and you had written Vanessa this message that you just learned the song. A Synchronicity. :)

Sandy

michelew

Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:51 am

Really beautiful Ness...

It's hard to listen without getting emotional... your singing and playing is absolutely gorgeous as always.

tombo1230

Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:54 am

Stunning and beautiful! Really thought you nailed this gorgeous song. Great playthrough. ;) :)

Tom N.

spinland

Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:00 am

Oh, another gem. Ness, you keep raising the bar like this and you'll one day run out of notches on the posts. :cheer:

Sappy love ballads are right in my wheelhouse. Yum. :side:

Mark

wrsomers

Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:50 am

Ness!
You've done it again!! Super lesson, great choice of song, and an absolutely gorgeous play through.

When I heard this song on the radio in 1978, I said "that one is going to be a #1 hit". Anne Murray wasn't one of my favorite singers until that moment. From then on I listened to as many of her songs as I could find.

Your arrangement and vocal rendition are more than worthy of applause!

Thanks for this lesson and for all you bring to TG.

Bill

TGNesh

Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:19 am

Bart: That sure is too funny Bart! You probably have a reason now ;), since you could colaborate with Sandy, that'd be so awesome to see and hear. Personally I've always loved the song and it made into every binder of charts that I would occasionally update every couple of years. Indeed, it's still in there. Many thanks for your generous comment on my performance!!

Sandy: I would absolutely agree Sandy, it's a beautiful song and I can imagine that you can relate there too. I would absolutely love to see your rendition of it!!!!

Michele: Thanks so much Shel....being able to touch ones emotions is always a major compliment to me. Playing and singing the song sure touches me as well. xo

Tom N.: Aaawh Tom, you're so kind, that's just awesome to hear, thank you very much!!!! :cheer:

Mark: I can't help it, love ballads are in my wheelhouse and I sure like some company. :) What can I say, love is beautiful, powerful (which reminds me of a lesson that I'll release today.. :dry: )....and it's beautifully captured and phrased in this song I'd say. I'm sure you can relate too! ;) Thanks Mark!

Bill: Your comment made me smile really big again Bill! :) :) As you know, there is always a lot of hard work into a lesson and definitely a play through, so it's so rewarding to read such comments. It sure makes my day!! Thank you for being so kind to me and giving me such huge praise :blush: . I appreciate it more than you know, which i've said before, since it's simply the truth. ;)

Many thanks guys and girls, big hugs all around!! :cheer:

TGNess B)

wrsomers

Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:49 am

Ness,
I just listened to your play through for at least the tenth time... :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :blush:

Bill

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic