>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - The Power Of Love - Frankie Goes To Hollywood

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGKatherine

Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:06 pm

Hi everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live, The Power Of Love by Frankie Goes To Hollywood.

Frankie Goes To Hollywood, formed in 1980, was a British band, popular in the mid-1980s.

After ‘Relax’ and ‘Two Tribes’, they scored their third consecutive #1 UK single in 1984 with ‘The Power Of Love’,
all taken from their debut album, ‘Welcome To The Pleasuredome’.

The lesson is somewhat based on live performances by vocalist Holly Johnson, which has a few differences from
the original recording. It covers the progression and shows the chords in the key of Em, including a few shapes
further up the neck.

We also take a look at the strumming which is, in my opinion, the most important aspect of the playing. It needs
to be gentle and subtle in places and quite strong in others.

In order to play along with the original recording, one needs to capo the guitar at the first fret.

Enjoy this level 4 song!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... .html#song

familyman4

Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:24 pm

Hello Vanessa,

First, let me just say that I have never heard this song before. It truly must have been a European hit at the time. If it was played in the U.S., I missed it somehow.
Second, I have listened & watched both videos that you attached to this post.
Third, After listening and watching both of these posts and your play through, if I were to purchase / add this song to my collection, I must say that it would be your version. Hands Down!

It is time for you to cut an album!

Bart

michelew

Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:47 am

DAMN!!!! That was just .... incredible.... I'm.... ... speechless....

Bart is so right... this is album quality stuff.

I remember this song ... I remember it being beautiful. .. but I don't remember being THAT affected by it.

You not only understand how to break these songs down and how to teach them.... it's like you ... Chris is right... you cast such a powerful spell with your voice and your playing that we have no choice but to be mesmerised and swept away by the tsunami of emotion what you send our way with the sensitive and stormy strums of your pick and the magic of your gorgeous and enchanting vocals. ....

Powerful magic...

:kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

TGNesh

Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:59 pm

Hey Bart!

Gosh, you're so kind! :kiss: I really appreciate that you've taken the time to listen to both versions and then mine. And then you even.....well....that's awesome to hear of course!! :cheer: Somewhat to my suprise actually, but I take the major compliment anyway! ;)

Many thanks dear friend, appreciate it big time!

Ness

familyman4 wrote:
Hello Vanessa,

First, let me just say that I have never heard this song before. It truly must have been a European hit at the time. If it was played in the U.S., I missed it somehow.
Second, I have listened & watched both videos that you attached to this post.
Third, After listening and watching both of these posts and your play through, if I were to purchase / add this song to my collection, I must say that it would be your version. Hands Down!

It is time for you to cut an album!

Bart

TGNesh

Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:11 pm

Wow..... :blush:

Well....this was certainly one of those songs that I was like 'how in the world am I going to capture the feel of all the orchestration?? :dry: '..

And I have to say it again, you sure have a way with words... :ohmy: :blush: I can't even begin to do them justice....but it's just so great to hear that you notice all the things that i try to do in there. And that it's obviously working. 'Powerful magic', I take such high praise ány day as well!!! :cheer: :) :)

You're the absolute sweetest Shel! :kiss: You leave me speechless as well..

xoxo

michelew wrote:
DAMN!!!! That was just .... incredible.... I'm.... ... speechless....

Bart is so right... this is album quality stuff.

I remember this song ... I remember it being beautiful. .. but I don't remember being THAT affected by it.

You not only understand how to break these songs down and how to teach them.... it's like you ... Chris is right... you cast such a powerful spell with your voice and your playing that we have no choice but to be mesmerised and swept away by the tsunami of emotion what you send our way with the sensitive and stormy strums of your pick and the magic of your gorgeous and enchanting vocals. ....

Powerful magic...

:kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic