>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - In God’s Country and Running To Stand Still - U2

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGKatherine

Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:38 pm

Hi everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live, In God’s Country and Running To Stand Still by U2.

In God’s Country and Running To Stand Still are songs by Irish rock band U2.

Both songs are taken from their best selling, fifth 1987 studio album ‘The Joshua Tree’, which is celebrating
its 30th anniversary.

Besides appearing on the same album, and even though one is quite faster than the other, both songs feature
the same feel as well as the same key. Like several U2 songs, when stripped down, they turn out to be relatively
easy to play.

This lesson covers the progression, the chords in the key of D, the double time strumming, and also takes, for
vocal reasons, a short look at how to play them in the keys of G and A.

Enjoy these level 3 songs!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

michelew

Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:20 pm

TGNess;

I've been laid low by the lurgy (a cold/flu) so I'm playing catch up here.

I just listened to your playthroughs for this lesson both of which are very cool. I love the energy you put into In God's Country, including your vocals; and then you create a completely different atmosphere in less than a second with Running to Stand Still. Very, very cool.

:kiss:

Shel

spinland

Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:50 am

Yer killin' me, Ness!

Every new lesson that pops up as I work on a current song gets me feeling like a Labrador puppy with a bone: nom, nom, OOH! SQUIRREL! *dash*.

I can't do ALL of these songs, but I want to. :huh:

Great stuff, enjoyed every minute.

Mark

TGNesh

Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:29 pm

Hey Shel, many thanks! :)

Actually I've always really liked the idea of a medley kind of thing. I think it started in highschool, since i couldn't choose between songs and then just decided to do a medley instead. Ever since, i just like to go from one song into the next without taking a break.

It obviously works very well when the key is the same, like for example this U2-medley I did with 'All I want is you/Angel of Harlem/Still haven't found what I'm looking for'.

With the ones is this lesson, I could've let it get out of hand again, but I 'behaved' instead. :laugh: :laugh:

Thanks again my sweet friend! xoxo

Ness

michelew wrote:
TGNess;

I've been laid low by the lurgy (a cold/flu) so I'm playing catch up here.

I just listened to your playthroughs for this lesson both of which are very cool. I love the energy you put into In God's Country, including your vocals; and then you create a completely different atmosphere in less than a second with Running to Stand Still. Very, very cool.

:kiss:

Shel

TGNesh

Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:31 pm

Loved to hear that Mark! :laugh: :cheer: B)

Whatever makes you happy and keeps you busy. ;)

Many thanks for tuning in and very glad you've enjoyed it too!

Ness

spinland wrote:
Yer killin' me, Ness!

Every new lesson that pops up as I work on a current song gets me feeling like a Labrador puppy with a bone: nom, nom, OOH! SQUIRREL! *dash*.

I can't do ALL of these songs, but I want to. :huh:

Great stuff, enjoyed every minute.

Mark

guitardude7

Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:56 pm

I must have missed these when they first came out. Just discovered they were here tonight.

Awesome lesson!

I just got a dvd (haven't watched yet) that will show how to play all the songs off The Joshua Tree on guitar note for note with the effects and all. Then I see these two on here. Cool. I know I've said it before, but I really love the way you put these into one guitar, acoustic versions that you can strum and sing along with.

Thanks Vanessa :)

TGNesh

Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:50 pm

Well even that you've said it before, I sure always appreciate to hear it again! B) :cheer:

I haven't had much feedback on the U2 songs that i've done, so yeah, again it's very nice to hear yours. And it's certainly what I try to achieve with any songlesson I do, to make it work when it's just me and my guitar.

That dvd sounds great! Are you able to make Edge's playing work?

Many thanks Steve!

guitardude7 wrote:
I must have missed these when they first came out. Just discovered they were here tonight.

Awesome lesson!

I just got a dvd (haven't watched yet) that will show how to play all the songs off The Joshua Tree on guitar note for note with the effects and all. Then I see these two on here. Cool. I know I've said it before, but I really love the way you put these into one guitar, acoustic versions that you can strum and sing along with.

Thanks Vanessa :)

guitardude7

Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:10 pm

Haven't watched the dvd yet, Vanessa, but I have played some of their other songs from tabs with the delay settings (New Year's Day, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Where the Streets have no Name, etc.). Pretty cool stuff.

There's a cool movie called "It Might Get Loud" that has Edge, Jimmy Page, and Jack White basically just hanging out and talking about how they got into guitar and how they approach it and they jam together in it, too. You should check it out.

Thanks,

Steve

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic