Newest Target Members Only Lesson - Fly On The Wall - My Sweet Lady Lesson 2 with Sandy

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGKatherine

Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:14 pm

Hi everyone,

We have a new Target members exclusive lesson for today, My Sweet Lady Lesson 2 with Sandy.

The first time we looked at My Sweet Lady by John Denver we decided to transpose it from D to A to fit Sandy’s vocal range.

This week she came in with the verse in great shape but she hadn’t worked on the chorus yet, and was afraid it was complicated.

It just took us a few minutes to sort it out and she had it down. We also talked about hearing common cadences (endings to phrases),
whether they resolve to I or not, and how chord ii leads to V frequently.

Enjoy this new lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... sandy.html

spinland

Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:33 pm

Hi, guys! Don't know if it's just me but I'm unable to play the video from the lesson page. Tried Safari and Chrome browsers and made sure I was logged in. I click the link for the main video part and nothing happens.

Mark

sandysue

Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:27 pm

spinland wrote:
Hi, guys! Don't know if it's just me but I'm unable to play the video from the lesson page. Tried Safari and Chrome browsers and made sure I was logged in. I click the link for the main video part and nothing happens.

Mark
Hi Mark, I wasn't able to see the video at first either but now I'm able to see it with the Chrome browser. :)

sandy

spinland

Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:26 am

Thanks, Sandy!

Same here: last night neither browser was working, but this morning Chrome is working for me. Right now I can't get any of the lessons to play in Safari but so long as Chrome is up to the job it's all good. Computerz iz dumb. :side:

Thanks again!

Mark

spinland

Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:46 am

General remark praising the whole "Fly on the Wall" concept. These videos are priceless!

I also get a kick out of Neil: "Yaugh! Augh! What was that?" as he (with a big, good-natured grin) stops the action. :silly:

Thanks so much for doing these, guys!

Mark

familyman4

Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:52 pm

I am thinking that it sounds so good in the key of "A", maybe I will start playing it there from now on.

Thanks!
Bart

sandysue

Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:46 pm

familyman4 wrote:
I am thinking that it sounds so good in the key of "A", maybe I will start playing it there from now on.

Thanks!
Bart
Yeah I think it sounds pretty good in the key of A too Bart, and it is much easier for me to sing in that key, but you also sound great singing it in the key of D because you can hit those high notes like John Denver. :)

Sandy

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic