>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - Ironic - Alanis Morissette

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGKatherine

Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:33 pm

Hi everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live, Ironic by Alanis Morissette.

Ironic is a song by Canadian-American alternative rock singer-songwriter Alanis Morissette, who is also known for
her powerful and emotive mezzo-soprano voice.

It’s taken from her Grammy Award winning 1995 international debut album ‘Jagged Little Pill’ and was released as
the third single in early 1996.

This lesson covers the progression and the chords, including several shapes and fingerings.

We take a detailed look at the double time strumming, which also features some hybrid picking.

Enjoy this level 4 song!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... .html#song

michelew

Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:16 pm

Hey TGNess,

Beautiful song. And a nice mix of things you're teaching us in here. I haven't gotten into the lesson segments yet, but I can already tell from the preview that there's a heap of things to learn or to reinforce what I already have.

This song really needs a new title... perhaps 'Life's cruel joke' or "Tragic"... or "Black comedy" ... "Just when" "Murphy's Law"... B)

Thanks sweetie. :)

Shel

TGNesh

Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:39 pm

:laugh: The title is ironic, but the song still has some very catchy lyrics if you ask me. Your titles are great btw! :laugh:

I think you'd do great playing and singing this one. :)

In any way, it was really about time that I got to her some time. I'll probably add another song recorded by a female artist this week as well. Target could surely use some more of those.

Thank you very much Shel, big hug!

TGNess B)

michelew wrote:
Hey TGNess,

Beautiful song. And a nice mix of things you're teaching us in here. I haven't gotten into the lesson segments yet, but I can already tell from the preview that there's a heap of things to learn or to reinforce what I already have.

This song really needs a new title... perhaps 'Life's cruel joke' or "Tragic"... or "Black comedy" ... "Just when" "Murphy's Law"... B)

Thanks sweetie. :)

Shel

michelew

Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:36 pm

TGVanessa wrote:
:laugh: The title is ironic, ...
Haha! That's funny. Very good; especially with English being a second language for you.

Hee hee. :)

And may I say Ness that you're doing a fabulous job of increasing the number of lessons in the TG library for songs written by female artists AND teaching songs is keys that match the female voice. I REALLY appreciate it and I imagine that other women do too; and the female singers who accompany the male students on TG.

Thanks again Teach! Love your work.

Shel. :kiss:

TGNesh

Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:09 am

;)

I'm really glad you feel that way Shel. I do catch some comments here and there from other female-guitarists expressing that as well, so that's great of course.

I have to admit that I do find myself playing and singing male-artist-songs waaaaaaaay more, which has to do with my vocal range. The average female voice is usually a bit of a stretch for me or they just sound different from my voice.

Oh well, indeed, I'm not done just yet and it's really nice to know that it's appreciated too. :)

Many thanks again Shel!

TGNess B)

michelew wrote:
TGVanessa wrote:
:laugh: The title is ironic, ...
Haha! That's funny. Very good; especially with English being a second language for you.

Hee hee. :)

And may I say Ness that you're doing a fabulous job of increasing the number of lessons in the TG library for songs written by female artists AND teaching songs is keys that match the female voice. I REALLY appreciate it and I imagine that other women do too; and the female singers who accompany the male students on TG.

Thanks again Teach! Love your work.

Shel. :kiss:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic